Chapter 15

Rowan's POV

I wake up to thrashing and whimpering, instantly wide awake. I'm on alert, wondering what's wrong, before I turn to Sophia, only to see she is crying heavily. She must be having a nightmare, and I can guess what it's about.

"Sophia, love. You're okay, you are just dreaming." I shake her lightly, worried about the mental toll this has taken on her. I was hoping that with me by her side, she would be able to survive this and come out happier than before. Sure, she would still feel the loss of her parents, but not feel burdened by the pain it brings.

Sophia's eyes open quickly, her shooting up in bed, looking around frantically. I turn her face to mine, whispering, "I'm here. I'm right here."

Her glistening eyes meet mine, brimming with unshed tears. She launches herself into my chest, wrapping her arms securely around my torso. Rubbing her back, I say soothingly, "You're going to be okay."

We stay in that position for an hour, and I whisper encouraging words in her ear, while she tries to calm her sniffles and sobs.

She is the one who pulls away first, and I let her. Looking in my eyes, she asks with hope lacing her tone, "Am I really going to be okay?"

I nod, fully believing that with help, she would be okay. "One day it won't hurt as much. The memories will still be there, but you will have made so many new ones that rival the old ones. You will feel happiness again, I promise."

Smiling up at me, she nods. I lean down, catching her lips in a searing kiss, wanting to show her that I will be a part of the happiness she feels. I will never get sick of the sparks that travel all along my body, causing me to shiver with pleasure.

She smiles in the kiss, her lips breaking away from me slowly, as if she didn't want it to end. "You make me happy," she states in a confident tone.

Her statement causes my chest to fill up with excitement, the thought of her being happy because of me makes me thrilled. I beam at her, capturing her lips once more, but only briefly. As I pull away, a cute pout appears on her lips. "I'm glad, love."

The pout hasn't faltered, her looking at me with her adorable doe eyes. "Kiss me again, please?" She taps her lips twice, waiting for me to place mine there.

Smirking, I lean down close to her lips, teasing her, before saying, "Only because you asked so nicely." Our lips meet in a wonderful embrace, feeling just as amazing as last time.

My hands instantly move to cup her face as hers move to my hair. I lick her lips, deciding to take a new approach to this kiss. She gasps, never having felt my tongue before. I take the opportunity to let my tongue enter her mouth, hers colliding with mine hesitantly. She gets used to this new feeling, and soon our tongues are in a heated dance.

She moans at the new feeling, me dominating the kiss quickly. We have to pull away soon after, needing to breathe.

We just stare at each other, eyes locked onto one another's, before my gaze trails down to her swollen lips. Soon, those lips start to move as she says while breathless, "That was amazing."

I smile, happy she enjoyed it just as much as I did. "Indeed it was, kitten."

"Kitten?" She asks, her head tilting, obviously confused by the name.

"Yes. You are so innocent and cute, just like a kitten." Smiling at her surprised face, I watch as her face flushes and she goes to hide her face in my neck. I don't complain, liking my mate being this close to me.

I think I'm falling, and falling hard. She already has my heart; my little kitten.