vi | neglect

six

"oh my, does this kid ever take a break?" melissa unfolded the third letter and read it very quickly.

to mackenzie ziegler, from johnny orlando

it said the same things, how johnny missed her, how boring it was, he even got lost once.

my parents keep arguing and arguing, i don't know what will happen between them. gosh i really hope they don't divorce.
it would be the worst of the worst. yesterday my dad dropped my phone in a freaking lake, i asked him if i could get a new one and he said i need to focus on school so it's no, i don't understand tho.
i finally have a room on my own, sharing with lauren was so annoying, i hung a picture of us on the wall, you look beautiful. i really really miss you, really.
write me back kenz, i love you
see you soon
john.

mackenzie walked down the hall unbothered, looking at her shoes and minding her own business, until she bumped into someone.
she was usually invisible to people at school, they would feel her presence and walk the other way but they never saw her. it didn't really matter, she didn't care.
the only people she cared about were johnny and lauren, but they were gone. johnny was quite the popular but not a jerk type, while lauren was the queen bee, a really kind, polite and beautiful queen.
mackenzie was the one sticking around with those two and known as the "popular guy's girl" or the "queen bee's best friend". or even worse.
"watch where you go, sister of madison ziegler!"
her book fell on the ground so she bent over to pick them up, then she faced a quite annoyed cheerleader.
"i'm sorry emily i-" she was cut off by the blonde girl, "i didn't see you, right, i accept your apology. now out of the way ziegler two" emily did not look in her eyes and was already leaving.
yes, she didn't even know her name, to the blonde girl mackenzie was "madison ziegler's sister".
she kept walking and reached the class, then she sat at the back where she used to sit with lauren, now by herself.
the partner project were really tough for her, she would be the one doing all the work, and her partners wouldn't even talk to her.
she sometimes wished she was like her older sister, successful and loved by everyone, but then she remember her sister was so emtionless, too serious to care about her younger sister.
"mackenzie ziegler please move to the front" the teacher called out and mackenzie sighed, a voice then spoke "who's mackenzie, i don't remember having a ziegler in our class"
"there she is, please sit beside ashton" the teacher pointed at a brunette tall boy, who had a very unamused expression.
mackenzie dropped her bag down and sat next to ashton. "alright class the lesson is about to start"
then ashton sat down and looked at mackenzie, "you're madison's sister, right?"
mackenzie nodded carelessly, "you don't look like her"
the girl did not respond, instead she pulled her notebook out of her bag and ignored him. "you're actually.." he stopped, then started again "prettier, in some way"
mackenzie didn't know how to take that, maybe as a compliment, or maybe it was just another way to say that she wasn't as pretty as her sister.
"thanks i suppose"
"you were orlando's girl" ashton grinned as mackenzie's expression slightly changed, but she still didn't want to talk to him.
"i am"
"giving attitude huh? i like that", "what do you want ashton" mackenzie snapped at him, then realizing that she gave in his trick.
ashton laughed and did not reply, then the lesson started.
"madison can you come to the board-"
"i am not madison."