Part Five- HP and Twilighters

I know it's been like ages since I last uploaded but you have to understand that this was only meant as a side project, something fun to work on when boredom strikes...

It's not perfect but hope you like it!

---

Part Five: HP and the Twilighters.

The air was thick with anticipation. Several cloaked figures stood in a circle in the clearing, with Lord Voldemort in the middle. A few death eaters shuddered in repulsion as a huge snake slithered through the muddy leaves, hissing loudly.

"Ah, Nagini," Lord Voldemort said as the serpent began a series of incessant hissing whilst wrapping itself around its master.

"Hmm. And who exactly does Bellatrix bring with her?" he inquired of his pet.

"My Lord!" The group in the clearing were joined by an unkempt woman who looked the worse for wear. Her unruly curls hung limp, snaking down to her waist. "My Lord!" she said again, making her way over to her master and kneeling at his feet. The group which had parted to let Bellatrix Lestrange through now came back together to form a tight circle.

"Bellatrix," the dark lord said but his eyes, which were in fact slits, lingered on the face of her companion. "And who is this visitor you have brought us?" His eyes narrowed even more, if that was even possible. He studied the child, noting her delicate features and small, round face and who, in turn, studied him with an equal amount of interest. Lord Voldemort noticed she didn't seem afraid. Why didn't she fear him?

"Who is this, Bellatrix?" he inquired again, his voice sharper and his gaze averting from the child's face to Bellatrix's more harsher one.

"Master," Bellatrix began, eyes shining. "This creature right here is special, for she is half-human, half-vampire. I heard them talk about her when I went over to their house and-"

"Was the boy there?" Voldemort interjected. Nagini had now slid down from her master's shoulders and was now making her way towards the woods, no doubt looking for prey.

"The boy? My lord, which one?"

Lord Voldemort was very much tempted to retort, "What do you think? The boy I've been obsessing over for more than sixteen years. The boy I can't seem to get out of my head. The boy I wish I'd finished with when I'd had the chance!" But, managing to keep his cool, he settled instead for, "Potter, Lestrange. Potter."

"Oh, him. Yes, my lord, the boy was there. And so was the filthy little mudblood and that Weasley boy!"

"And is it true? Is Diggory a vampire?"

"It is indeed true," confirmed Bellatrix with a slight nod. "But there are more, about five or six more.  They make plans to attack soon."

"We shall be ready."

 A momentary silence. Then, "My lord, about the child...may I keep her?"

"I really do not see any need in the child, Bellatrix," replied Voldemort, a slight trace of exasperation in his voice.

"But...But...if we trained her in magic and wizardry, she could become the greatest being that ever lived!" Bellatrix was getting even more hysterical than usual, her hair wild, almost clutching at her master's robes as she appealed to him.

The greatest being that ever lived...

 Bellatrix realised only too late her mistake in uttering that sentence. Silence followed her words. Silence so profound that-

"Did I just hear a pin drop?" Voldemort asked, cocking his head to one side.

A stumpy figure with a balding head suddenly threw himself to the ground. A few of the death eaters looked at Wormtail in disgust. It was truly a real shame to call him one of their own. "I'm sorry master. I just got carried away and forgot I had a pin in my hand and..."

But Lord Voldemort had already lost interest; he was looking at the child, seemingly making a decision.

"Tell me, Bellatrix. Why does she not speak?"

"Who dares speak in your presence, My Lord?" said Bellatrix, giving a low bow.

How Lord Voldemort loved flattery! Bellatrix had seemed to make up for her blunder moments ago.

"Very well," he spoke after a few minutes. "You may keep her."

"Oh, thank you master! You shan't regret this."

"Make sure I don't, Bellatrix. But now, unto more important matters. How many...vermin did you say there were?"

"About five as far as I could see, sir," came the reply.

"Then we shall soon make short work of this," Lord Voldemort said, tightening his grip on his wand. "And soon, very soon, the boy...boys, in fact, shall be no more."

A slight breeze blew through the clearing making the leaves rustle as, death eaters and child alike, thought about the oncoming battle.