Eight

L O U I S

I woke up in a bright white room. I groaned and shifted my head making me wince. "Louis." Liam's voice said quietly. "Louis." Karen, his mother, said and I turned my head. They were all in hospital beds. "Vas happenin' Lou?" Niall said quietly imitating Zayn, and I couldn't help but smile a bit. I pulled off the oxygen mask and breathed in and out.

"How are you feeling?" Karen asked. "Sore." I said and looked around. I couldn't see Emilia and I started to panic. "Where's Emilia?" I asked and I could hear my heart rate increase. "Louis, she's in the ICU." Karen said trying to calm me down.

"What? Why? Is she okay? Tell me she's okay!" I yelled starting to panic more. "Is she okay!" I asked again after she never answered. "We don't know. She might be in coma." She said quietly and Geoff patted my arm.

"Let me see her." I said. "Doctors won't let you. We already asked." She said. "Let me see her. I have to see her!" I yelled. "Louis calm down!" Liam yelled, but I didn't. "No! I have to see her!" I yelled reaching to undue my IV but nurses stopped me.

"Sir we need you to calm down." One said and I tried to get out of her grip which caused a lot of pain in my body but I have to see Emilia. "Sir! Please stop thrashing around!" One yelled and a doctor came in.

L I A M

I tried to mute out Louis' yells and protests. "Let me see her!" He yelled and I could tell he's in pain. His heart beat was racing and they placed an oxygen mask on him again.

They gave him a shot and his screaming and thrashing calmed down and he was just murmuring things that was blocked out by the oxygen mask. Niall was crying and Maura was rubbing his back. "Doctor?" I asked and he turned to me.

"When will be able to see her?" I asked. "Probably tomorrow Liam. We'll wheel her in, but her condition is bad right now. Just this morning we stabilized her breathing and heartbeat. But she is hooked up to many machines." He said and we nodded.

He left and mum rubbed Louis' hand. "Where are his parents?" She asked and I bit my lip. "They got into a fight." I said and she sighed. "Poor thing." She said. Niall, Louis, Zayn, and Harry are like my brothers. And we all have like 5 mums because they care for each other.

Next Day

I woke up to someone's heart rate beeping very fast. Nurses came in and checked ours. Everyone was up except Louis. His hands were balling up and then releasing. "Mr. Tomlinson, wake up. It's a dream. Louis. Wake up." A nurse said snapping her fingers in front of his face.

He eyes snapped opened but closed quickly. "Dizzy." He muttered turning his head. A nurse gave us all water and our parents came in except for Louis' who never showed. "You get to see Emilia today." Anne said and we smiled.

"When?" Louis asked as Maura helped him sit up. He has been really weak and has been refusing the food. "In a little. They're wheel her incubator in but she's weak and very pale. She has tons of machines connected to her. We just saw her." Mum said sitting between me and Louis.

"Poor baby." Louis whimpered. Sometimes he was so weak and tired he couldn't hold up his head. He's skinnier and paler. "Lou, why don't you eat something." I said and he shook his head. The door opened and Lou, Tom, and Lux came in.

Louis' head suddenly dropped to the side and it just stayed there. "What's wrong with Louis?" Lou whisper asked me. "He's too tired and weak to hold up his head probably. He's barely eaten and barely sleeps without nightmares about Emilia." I said.

"I saw her incubator in the hallway." Tom said and Louis brightened and lifted his head and rested it back. A doctor came in and smiled. "Would you like to see Emilia?" He asked and we nodded. Nurses wheeled in an incubator which held Emilia.

She had breathing tubes and tons of wires. "Would you like to hold her?" She asked Louis and he nodded. She carefully picked her up and situated the wires. She put her and Louis' arms and Louis smiled.

He stroked her cheek softly and his face shifted. "You're so pale Emmy." He whispered kissing her head and rubbing her head gently. She smiled up at Louis and grabbed his finger. "You're such an adorable little girl." He whispered and rubbed her cheek again.

"We're going to find a new home. We're going to sleep peacefully and we will be safe. You won't feel anymore pain. You'll be safe because your Aunts and Uncles are going to take good care of you. We're going to love you until the world ends." He whispered and my mum, Anne, and Maura were crying.

"You're safe." Louis whispered and we could see the tears sliding down his face. We smiled at the two. Lottie and Fizzy suddenly came into the room. Daisy and Phoebe were hiding behind them. Louis was so attracted to Emilia he didn't notice.

I smiled at them and they shuffled over to us. "Where're your mum?" I asked. "Home. Emily's mum drove us." Lottie said. When I looked at Louis and Emilia, Emilia still had hold of Louis' finger. "Go on." I said and they walked to Louis' bed.

"Hi Lou." Lottie whispered. Niall and Harry were asleep. Zayn was on his stomach playing with his mum's hand and was almost asleep. He still had an oxygen mask because the way he is laid, he needs one.

Louis and the girls talked for awhile and the girls smiled and sat on his bed. I soon was overtaken by sleep.