15

I haven't seen Toby for three days, and although we've been messaging back and forth, glancing at each other in the meeting room, we haven't spent any time together.

I mean, as fuck buddies, I guess that's normal, but I hate it. I'm so used to spending my days in the office with him or going for lunch together, and even the odd kiss when no one is looking.

I knew having a new assistant assigned to me that we would see each other less, but I didn't expect to actually miss him. I've known him what... nearly three weeks?

There's a fifteen-year-old in the ward, and she loves me. I sit with her all day while she tells me about school, boys, and what she wants to do when she gets better.

It breaks my heart, considering she is so deep into her illness that she'll unlikely see her sixteenth birthday.

"Have you ever been in love?" she asks, twirling her fingers on the edge of the pink blanket her mum knitted her. "I think I love a boy in my class."

"Oh, really?" I smile, resting my chin on my palm. "Tell me about him."

"Well, he's tall."

"Tall is good," I nod, imagining Ewan's height towering over me. "What else?"

"Um, he has these really big green eyes," she says, her face lighting up with a smile. "And he's the captain of the football team." With her voice lowering, her smile vanishes. "I used to be a cheerleader. Were you a cheerleader too?"

Shaking my head, I tuck the blanket under her sides. "We don't really have stuff like that in Scotland, I was a black belt in kickboxing though." I grin, before lowering my voice. "I can kick someone's arse with my eyes closed."

She giggles, the sound melts my heart in ways I can't explain. "I was in love once, but sometimes things don't work out the way you want them too and that's okay because when life gets us down, we come back stronger."

"Did you kick his ass?"

I snort, shaking my head. "Have you told this captain how you feel?"

Her lip trembles and I lean forward, her voice barely audible. "He stopped talking to me when I got sick," she frowns, pointing to her head. "And lost my hair."

Arsehole.

"I guess I'll need to go kick his arse then, won't I?"

She laughs, and her hand lands on mine, rubbing her thumb on my knuckles. "Love is so strange, isn't it, Doctor? I want to hate him, I want to tell him never to come near me again, but I can't help how I feel. Do I just forget about him? Is that even possible?"

Images of Ewan flashes in my mind and I chew down on my lip. How is it a fifteen-year-old is talking to me about this stuff and all I can think about is my wanker of an ex back home?

"I think you can do whatever you want, Lucy."

She shrugs. "Well," she says with a soft smile, lying down on her side and closes her eyes. "I guess life really can be too short."

__________

"Did you know Doctor Blythe hasn't been at work in three days?" Gabriella tosses another chip into her mouth. "Supposedly he's never off sick or anything."

"Yeah, I heard. He didn't sign off on Ivy's transfer either, so we need to wait until next week now."

Gabriella is going out with Justin and promised she wouldn't come home. I invited Toby over. As soon as he accepted, I had ran to the shower, washed, shaved, and tidied up.

I may or may not be wearing lace under my pyjamas, and I may or may not have bought a bottle of wine for us both to drink.

I know he claims he can't drink, but what harm is a few glasses in the hotel room while watching a movie?

Gabriella kisses both of my cheeks before leaving, telling me she loves me and hopes I have lots of dirty sex.

Same, bro. Same.

Flicking through the channels, I hear my phone vibrate, a message from Ewan popping up saying Happy Birthday, a picture attached of Jason holding up a card with a big goofy smile, sitting next to our two dogs.

Ah, yeah... it's also my birthday, something I like to keep quiet since I hate being made a fuss of.

Gabriella bought me a new purse and promised not to tell anyone that I turned twenty-eight today.

Ewan always gets me and his brother's mixed up. I don't know how many times I got random flowers and a present when it not my birthday. But, yeah, he remembered for once.

Why isn't he being his usual arsehole self?

I delete the message and throw my phone into the drawer next to the bed, jumping up when I hear a knock on the door.

Toby's dressed in light grey gym shorts and a tight black Nike top, looking hotter than usual with messy hair and his chiselled jaw, a lot more defined after a clean shave.

"Hey." He smirks, looking down at my bare legs and back up to meet my eyes. "Are you going to let me in?"

"Maybe," I tease, leaning my shoulder against the door frame. "What's the password?"

He narrows his eyes at me, a smile playing on his lips, lowering his voice to a whisper. "Let me in..." Stepping closer, his mouth delicately grazes mine. "So, I can eat you out."

I don't hesitate for a second, I press my lips against his and he instantly reacts, kicking the door shut and wrapping his arms around my waist, lifting me up and my ankles cross behind his back.

Toby walks us to the bed, mouths on each other, the butterflies in my stomach going fucking crazy. My fingers twist in his hair, and he pushes his tongue past my parted lips, tilting our heads to deepen the kiss.

He doesn't carefully place me down, no, the fucker throws me, and I nearly fall off the other side of the bed.

"You're an idiot." I laugh, but he cuts me off with his mouth on my neck and pins my arms above my head.

"Let's see if you still think that when I'm done with you," he pants, biting my bottom lip. He nudges my legs open with his knees and settles himself in between my legs, his strained cock presses against my aching centre.

I wince as he bites and sucks on my neck, gripping my hair, angling my head to the side to give him more access, his other hand on my hip, slowly moving under my waistband.

My heels dig into the back of his thighs, urging him to press harder against me.

"I'm going to fuck you into oblivion, Doctor."

The excitement goes South. I roll my hips up, moaning into his mouth as he pulls my hair.

I whimper as his fingers dip under my waistband, his hard cock pressing against my inner thigh, silencing my gasps with his mouth again as he shoves two fingers inside of me.

My eyes roll.

No distractions or interruptions, it's time to fuck it out.

_____________

EDITED 15/02/21 - I NEED HOLY WATER.

Are you enjoying the story so far? It's about to properly start up, so hopefully, the build-up was okay. From here on there is a LOT of sex, heads up!

 From here on there is a LOT of sex, heads up!