Chapter 15: Lewis

Amy's POV

Lewis had just arrived at the hospital. I hadn't seen him in ages! I was so worried about seeing Ryan, however, that I looked him over.

"Hey." His voice bellowed.

"Hi." I mumbled in a small voice.

He stared at me for 5 minutes straight, but I paid him no attention. His face became red, and he stood.

"Amy!" He yelled at the top of his lungs.

My eyes slowly found their way to him, and I came to my senses.

"Sorry..." I began, but he cut me off.

"You love him...?" He asked. I assumed he was talking about Allen.

"Of course I love Allen..."

"Duh! I know you love him doofus...!"

My eyes grew wide as I realized who he was talking about.

"Um..." Was all I could get out. I was. Well, at least I thought I was...

"Say It!" He yelled.

Again, "um..." Was all I could say.

"Godamnit Amy, say it!" He yelled as loud as he could. He was super red now, and his hand in a fist. He was shaking so hard....

"Yes..." I said, looking down, "I love Ryan.."

He calmed slightly, but his eyes were too much to handle. I continued to stare at the floor, tears flooded my eyes. Peaking up at him had been one of my many mistakes.

"I'm in love with you." Lewis said slowly. "...I'm here... For you."

My head shot up.

"What...?" I couldn't breath. His head rose, and here we were, face to face.

"I. Love. You."

Silence. What else could I say? A guy I'd known my whole life just told me he loved me.

He turned towards the door, and made a dramatic exit.

Damn.

Allen's POV

Sure, I had heard Lew yelling at Amy, but at this point, I had no idea what was 'right' anymore. Ryan was okay. Of course I wasn't mad about him being okay, but I was angry because of the fact that him and Amy had made love while I was away; the fact that Amy broke her side of the promise. From what I saw, they weren't just friends. I'm not sure what they are, but I sure as hell didn't want them to be anything serious.

I walked into Amy's room, and looked at the wall. I couldn't look at her.

"Amy, we're going to live in Cali with our aunt." I said.

"What!? Oh hell no! I know you hate the fact that me and Ryan are together, but moving won't change a thing." She defended him. "Moms no longer an option?"

Mom. Someone I hadn't thought of for a long time. I feel as if I've aged 100 years and as if I no longer contained a soul. I felt like stone. Mom made me this way, but she seems to have changed. I envision us sitting by a fire, drinking hot chocolate. I let that set in, but it's soon ruined by him. Ryan shows up and I snarl.

Ryan has become more of an enemy than the woman who abandoned me and my family, and who had hurt me and my sister in more ways than imaginable...

It's...

"It's him, or me. You choose..." With that, I made an exit. As I left, I heard Amy say, "how do you expect me to choose between the love of my life, and my only flesh and blood left?"

I was done.

I knew who she would choose. Their was no need to even argue.

She would choose Ryan...