Chapter 5

Josh's POV

I woke up the next morning with the dumbest smile on my face. I haven't met anyone in so long that didn't care at all about my fame and fourtune. Something was different about Stella, and I was going to figure it out. She has a secret side to her that I want to know all about, but first I need to be her friend. See where it goes from there.

The clock read 9:30 and I Was meeting her at her apartment building at 10, so I needed to get ready fast. I took a shower and got dressed and left to find her.

When I got there, she was sitting on a bench outside of the building reading a book.

"Hey, you!" I say walking up to her.

She smiled slightly and marked her book page and slid it back into her bag, "How long have you been standing there?"

"Just got here, don't worry." I smile at her, "so where to?"

"That's up to you! But first I need to go somewhere to take care of a few things, If you don't mind.." she says shyly.

"Okay! No, I don't mind at all." I smile at her and then walk next to her. We walk for a few blocks, not talking much, but the silence is comfortable.. not awkward at all.

"Well here we are! I just need to feed some of these guys before we go, the manager is out of town and she needed me to watch over them." we stop in front of a building with a large sign in front that read, NYC Animal Shelter, she did mention to me that she loved dogs before, so I guess this makes sense.

We walked in & I helped her feed some of the dogs and cats and all other kinds of animals that were in there.

"Now this one," she stopped in front of a large kennel and opened it, "she is soon to be a mama." she knelt down next to the dog and kissed her on the top of her head, "She's due any day now, I don't know why she is taking so long, but hopefully they will be here before December."

I smiled at her and knelt down next to her beside the large golden retriever, "so what's her name?"

"Katniss.." she let out a laugh and shook her head, making me laugh too."oh how ironic"

"So we got a hunger games fan?!" I say and put my arms out.

"No, well I mean it was good, but I didn't name her. The owner's daughter did, she was reading the books whenever she came into the shelter a few months ago, so she decided on the name." she smiled at me, "It looks like she likes you!"

She was pawing at my hand to make me pet her more and licking my hand too, "I guess its got to do with the name." My comment made us both laugh.

"Well, we better get going! What do you have planned?" she says while shutting the gate to the kennel.

"Well, we could go see a movie, ice skating, anything really, hang out at either of our houses, it doesn't matter to me!" She locked the door to the shelter and turned to look at me.

"Don't make me make this decision," she said with a serious face, which soon broke into a smile. God, that smile, I could get lost in a smile like that.

"fine, movies?" she nodded and we left.

there wasn't a crowd at the movies, so only a few people recognized me and I asked them not to leak to the press that I was already in New York, they agreed and we went into the movie. We decided to see Sinister.

We sat in the completely empty theatre and watched the movie. It got to scary parts, and she would jump and almost go for my arm to bury her face in, but then stopped and hesitated and never actually did. Just do it Stella, Its okay. was all I wish I could have said..