c h a p t e r s e v e n t e e n

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend. The friend of my friend is my enemy."

****

They stared at each other, sitting on the different sides of the rectangular table, speaking with their eyes in silence.

"Why do you want to destroy the league?"
Yoo Jonghyuk, asked Lee Yuri as he cut the piece of steak on his plate. Lee Yuri smirked at him and seductively bit her lip.

"Why not?"
She sipped the wine on her glass and stared at Yoo Jonghyuk.

"Let's be serious here Yuri-ah. I know you very well."
Jonghyuk said chuckling.

"Well i know you too Mr. Yoo."
Yuri put the glass of wine on the table and leaned her chin on her palm.

"I know your real age and appearance despite faking them on your documents."

"I even know why are you doing this."
She smiled mischievously. Jonghyuk can't help it but to laugh.

"I guess the news is spreading underground quite nicely."
Yuri praised his boldness about revealing the fact.

"So why? Are you that bitter that he didn't used your name? You really want him to die?"

He smiled at Yuri. A very meaningful smile.

"I raised a demon."

"I will be the one to use that demon."

"You are delusional. After everything you did? You want to take him back as your son again? Do you really think he will accept you?"

"he will not have any choice but to obey me. He will be the greatest power i will have."
Jonghyuk raised his glass of wine and sipped on it while staring at her.

"Can i ask you why are you doing this to the League?"
Now, It's Jonghyuk's turn to ask the question. Yuri just looked at the glass window and adored the stars on the background.

"they took something from me."
She smiled bitterly without even looking at Jonghyuk.

"The serum?"

"No. A family."

Jonghyuk went silent trying to compose himself and make his sentence.

"Then we already have a common denominator."
Yuri looked at Jonghyuk with interest on her eyes.

"I want to destroy them and take my family back. You want to destroy them in order to avenge your own family. isn't it connected with fate? For our family?"
Yoo Jonghyuk said, chuckling. 

Yuri looked at him in fierce. She threw the knife she was holding to Jonghyuk. Jonghyuk's eyes turned purple. The knife immediately stopped in front of him.

Yuri smirked at him. he felt goosebumps all over his body as he felt a blade being pointed on his nape.

"I have a trump card. you know?"
Yuri smirked with confidence. Yoo Jonghyuk slowly turned his head backwards, seeing someone very familiar smiling on him while pointing his knife on his nape.

"ciao."
The boy greeted him. Jonghyuk looked at Yuri, slightly confused.

"What an asset."
Jonghyuk snapped his fingers, A man arrived from the door of the private room.

"You need my help again?"
The guy who barged inside looked at everyone, locking his eyes to his so-called-subordinate on the back of his boss. he secretly took a coin from his pocket and alerted his self.

"What a surprise. You have one too."
Yuri called her ally. He went towards his queen and stood on her side.

"Now i think you can be of any use, How about we plan what should we do together?"
Yuri rested her hands on the table and looked at Yoo Jonghyuk.

"Now we are talking."

***

"What do you mean by security breach?"

"Someone from an anonymous account took the data of the Seventh sense serum and deleted ours."
Chairman Bang's secretary gave him the tablet. 

"There's no footage about what happened. The cameras inside the whole room was disconnected to the server. And the security," Assistant Yoon swiped the image on the tablet letting chairman Bang see the picture of the corpse of the guard.

"He died with a shot on his forehead. We doubt it's a gun."
Assistant Yoon zoomed the picture in.

"The bullet was like a size of a coin."

"Railgun?"
Chairman Bang asked Assistant Yoon. Assistant Yoon nodded his head.

"Evidences were all deleted. But we conclude the invader was from the inside."

Chairman Bang frowned. realizing who it was. It has been some times when that guy entered the League. He didn't know he was a traitor of the team.

He cannot understand what is his reason to do this, or what is his agenda. He needs answer before making a move.

he needs his reason before making a judgement.

"Call Sunoo. now."

***************

Just a short chapter because there's I-land later and i need to save my last remaining braincells for the show. ksksksksksks.

(how about a star for eishi's galaxy? Please?)