Reason 14 || Carter ||

Dedicated to @jashayley because omg have you read her books? They leave you in a puddle of feels. <3

The song for the reason is: "Break the Rules" by Charli XCX.

I'm sooooo sorryyyyyy for not updating when you guys reached the goal (which might I add was incredibly quickly)

We are now ranked #31 in Short Stories AHHHH!

So thank you guys <3

Goal: 150 reads, 15 Votes, and 20 comments (Yes, it can just be spamming me with letters xD)

Reason 14 || Carter ||

Love works in horrible ways. 

You can pick a flower to see if they will like you.

You can end up in a love triange and end up with no one.

You may just end up with a million cats because love decided to skip you.

Carter, has decided to grace me with his wonderful love and I let him be my first boyfriend.

I know what you are thinking, how can a girl with so many scars have a boyfriend?

Don't ask me. I have no freaking idea.

Let me tell you a story about me and Carter:

One day, Carter and I were eating lunch together outside on the sophmore patio. You asked me if I wanted to go to the garden at our school and me being the loyal girlfriend, answered with affirmative consent.

You didn't want to makeout or anything, you just wanted to sit there... and talk.

I remember it so vividly, we were sitting on the bench in front of the fountain and you just asked me, "Ever wish you could just run away?'

I answered, "All the time."

You had this crazy ass idea to run away and ditch school now.

I scoffed and asked where would we go and all you did was mumble.

You mumbled that we could go to Mount Everest or Hollywood or anywere but here.

I thought you had something, I thought you were right that. This place, this prison we were confined in for five straight days couldn't keep us contained.

You looked at me slowly and studied my face.

You stood up and said, "Well, what are we waiting for?"

I just shook my head. I couldn't leave.

I would get detention. I would get a mark on my record. I would get a mark on me, if I showed up at home after ditching school. I just couldn't ditch.

You said,"I can't believe you won't ditch school. I can't believe you could only think about yourself."

You stormed off, obviously pissed.

I just cried and cried, until the bell rang.

I had no idea if we had broken up or not. I just kept crying.

The next day, you didn't show up to school.

At first I thought you were just sick.

Then the nexy day, you still didn't show up. Then the next and you continued to not show up.

Two facts were evident:

1. We had broken up

2. You ditched school, maybe even the country.

Carter this letter may seem happy but it's not. Heartbreak is horrible. Especially your first heartbreak and you shouldn't have done that. To me or to anyone. 

Carter, you killed me. I don't know where you are but I know that you just want to break the rules.... like you broke my heart.