Day 43-72: Zeo

On the forty third day of the game Zeo had managed to earn a total of three silvers and a hundred and sixty three copper coins. With it he decided to have real swords made.
He went to the smithy his master recommended him and commended two identical swords. He showed the remains of the wooded swords as an example of what he wanted.
After paying a silver for each sword and another for the scabbard and strap belt and being told that it would be ready in three days Zeo, with nothing else to do, decided to run and exercise his body.
He did so for the next three days. When it was time he returned to the forge to pick his new gear.

The swords were short, their sharp blade a dull grey and their hilt polished underneath the dark brown leather strips. The scabbards and belt strap were also dark brown with metallic buckles.

Zeo put them on above his fur jacket and went to his master. Seeing the swords Marcus brought him to a hill filled with bunnies and ordered him to kill a dozen.
Zeo had never hunted rabbits with his swords, always with his axes. It took him a moment before he was used to the new feeling.
When he was done he brought the rabbits to his master but instead of acknowledging his work Marcus grabbed Zeo's sword and pulled them out of their sheath.

"If you don't clean them the blood will dry and the blade rust. Then you risk not being able to draw fast enough. Watch. I will show you how to clean and sharpen your sword."

And they did just that for an hour or so. While Zeo practiced Marcus skinned the rabbits and cooked on then cut the rest of the meat into thin strips before salting them and hanging them high above the fire pit.

"Once those are ready you will get a good amount of dried meat. Dried meat is durable and nutritive but tastes awful. It's the perfect food for long travels.
You can eat it as is or in a stew or ragout..."

As he explained everything about dried meat Zeo observed him, trying to remember how he did it.

After the meal Marcus and Zeo sparred. Zeo's moves were slow, exaggerated and clumsy where as Marcus dodged or parred his attacks with ease and fluidity.

The next weeks were the same, Zeo would spar with Marcus before maintaining his weapons and hunting a few rabbits. He then processed the rabbits into what he personally dubbed Rabbit Jerky and sold a part of it to players at the village exit.

As the days went by, Zeo went from hunting the agile rabbits to the ferocious foxes then the armored armadillo and discreet beavers. Once he had gone through the plains he entered the forest again and hunted packs of wolves.
His spars started getting better too. The time he stayed standing between Marcus bitt kicking lengthened , his movements got quicker and more efficient, the excessive movements were reduced and his eyes were slowly adjusting to Marcus' speed.

As the days passed Zeo gathered quite the amount of hides and dried meat. Once a week he would visit the tanner and have the hides processed into leather or fur. He then sold them to him, keeping only those of superior quality for himself.
By the seventieth day Zeo had more than thirty silvers and processed enough leather and hides to oppen a small market stall. He went to the most skilled tailor of the village, according to Marcus, and handed him all his materials, asking for three complete set of leather armor and a fur cloak. He had his measurements taken and was told to come back in a few days

The next days Zeo did not connect.