Chapter 14

Lunar walked up steps leading to the Black Castle, the home belonging to the ruler of the Nightmare Zone. He was finally back from his failed capture mission in Earth Zone.

Lunar pushed open the castle doors, shortly stopping before he continued on because of a pain that shot up his arm. "That lousy brat," Lunar said to himself. "I can't believe I lost to a kid who doesn't even know how to fully use his abilities." He rolled up the sleeve of his trench coat, checking his injured arm. It was bandaged up past his elbow from when Justin had attacked him in his combat form.

Lunar heard footsteps that were coming towards him. The silhouette of a figure was seen through the thick fog. Lunar bowed as the figure grew closer. The figure stopped in front of Lunar. "You came back," it said. "Did you retrieve him?"

Lunar stood up. "Unfortunately, no," he said. "The target proved to be more combat capable than expected."

"Interesting," the figure said. "Very well..." The figure stepped closer to Lunar, so that Lunar could see his face. "This will prove to be much more entertaining than I was hoping," Striker said, smiling.

Back in Earth Zone, Justin, Alpha, Kylan, Porter, Sam, and Lucas landed their helicopter at a clearing in the Amazon rainforest. Justin yawned as the spinning blades slowed to a stop. He climbed out and rubbed his eyes as he was being blinded by the bright morning sun.

"That was so boring," Lucas said, stretching.

Kylan walked out from the pilot's seat of the helicopter. "So, where to now?" he asked Justin.

Justin looked around, but he couldn't see the temple anywhere. "I don't get it," he said. "According to Angel, it should be nearby."

"Well, I don't see anything," Porter said, glaring at Justin. "For all we know, this Angel person could just be some voice in your head."

Justin glared back. "He isn't," Justin told him. "And I don't need to take this from you."

Sam walked between them. "It's okay," she said, looking at Porter. "I'm sure Justin can find it." She turned to Justin. "Right?"

Justin felt all his anger fade away. "Right," he said. "There has to be someway to find it, after all, why would this temple exist of Lost Magic users couldn't find it."

Right you are, Justin, Angel's voice sounded. Suddenly, Justin's necklace began to glow, pulling him towards the edge of the cliff.

"What the-!" Justin said, starting to freak out. I'm going to die, he thought. This psycho spirit's gonna kill me! Justin shut his eyes in fear as he was pulled off of the cliff.

"Justin!" Sam screamed as Justin disappeared. "Oh my god. Is he-?"

Kylan closed his eyes and lowered his head. "I believe so," he said, sadly. "I'm sorry, he was a brave and noble fighter, he-."

Kylan was suddenly interrupted by Justin's voice. "I'm not dead yet," he said. "I just tripped on this stupid bridge."

Sam wiped away a tear. "Where are you?" she asked. "Why can't we see you?"

"I dunno," Justin's voice said. "There must be some kind of cloaking spell surrounding it. To keep it from being found easily." Justin stepped into view, slowly appearing as he came out of the cloaking field and back onto the cliff's edge. "Are you guys coming?" he asked. Turning and walking back through the cloaking field.

Everyone looked at each other before shrugging and following Justin. "Whoa," Lucas said in awe. "It's incredible."

The team was standing on a bridge leading to a giant temple that was practically as big as a skyscraper. The right side was made with white stone, while the left was made using black stone. They stopped at a closed door. Above the doorway was a Yin and Yang symbol. Justin's necklace glowed again, as did the door. The door opened slowly, sinking down into the ground to reveal a dark hallway.