Chapter 4: Did you just call me sweetheart?

Start from the beginning

I let out a large and unattractive grunt and get up from the floor. I pick up my stuff I dropped while falling.

My nose kills and when I check it, sure enough it's bleeding.

I make my way to the kitchen annoyed about my little set back. I pull out a kleenex beside the sink and wipe my nose. It unfortunately not a small one so blood pours from my nose into the sink and I go through many blood-soaked kleenexes.

"Woah, are you alright Sam?" Jake walks into the kitchen with is phone in his hand standing still, staring at me.

"Nah I'm totally fine, just thought the sink needed giving blood to." I state sarcastically while still trying to tame my out of control blood nose.

Jake finally breaks out of his gaze and starts walking towards me "What did you do this time Clumsy?" he starts pulling out more kleenexes and shoving them into my nose.

"I don't need you help!" I scream at him. Yeah yeah, I may have some problems with people I dislike trying to help me. Scratch that most people that try to help me I have problems with. "And for your information I tripped down the stairs."

He doesn't reply but steps back following my instructions and looks at me amused.

It takes ages getting my nose to stop bleeding but when the time comes my nose only has a slight ache to it and may look a bit red. Jake who doesn't leave my side but stays silent with the same face the whole time.

I ignore him, adjust my snapback and pick up my board. I push past him pretty hard for him causing him to have a slight falter in his balance but for me- I let him off easy.

~~~

I glide down the roads which are still new to me. I love that feeling of the wind passing me.

When my mom died, the rest of the day the only thing I would do would be travelling down the streets of my neighbourhood on my board. It gives me a sort of relaxation that not many things can give me, it's like soccer only soccer lets me get my anger out.

I'm not planning on going far because I don't want to get lost. I look to my left and see a house as big as my father's and mine. It looks like something familiar but I can't put my finger on it.

As I'm thinking about the house, eyeing it, I look in front of me to see someone walking along the road. I move out of the way and fall off my board making me skid around a meter across the road. I inspect my cut. My whole shin is covered in gravel and blood, but it's not deep, only the first couple of layers of skin but sure as cake it hurts.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! That was completely my fault." I look up from my cut to see a redhead girl about my age.

"Nah, man that's all right." What? I can be nice sometimes. Although inside I am dying to scream out, 'Yes it is! You should be careful, you owe me your life!'. I restrain it though, biting my lip.

"Really? Are you sure?" she gets up and offers a hand down to me and I gratefully take it. "Hey, you're in my English class, you're new, aren't you?"

"Yep, that's me, Sam."

"Cool, I'm Chloe." she glances toward my leg where blood is dripping out of my body onto the pavement. "I'm so sorry, come with me, I was just walking to my house. I can clean you up!"

I don't deny the offer and she leads me down the street which is fortunately only a couple of houses down. I pick up my board along the way, my poor baby.

I sit on one of her dining room chairs and Chloe disappears only to reappear seconds later holding a medical kit.

"I'm just going to clean it up and I'll put a bandage on it, okay?" she takes out multiple tools which don't look safe to me.

As she gets what looks like disinfectant I feel my butt vibrating.

"Luke, I am your father," My phone chimes.

I grab my phone from my back pocket not bothering to see the contact of whose number is calling me, I pick up.

"Hello?" I say in a harsh tone, but hey? It's better than going all kung fu panda on them.

"Where the hell are you?" a deep husky voice speaks.

"Who are you because if you are some kind of stalker, I am most definitely not going to tell you my location." 

At this comment Chloe gives me a weird look.

"It's Zach, Sam. Jeez." I can hear the annoyance in his voice.

Why would he be calling me?

"How did you get my number?" I snap.

"You don't think my mom would've given me your number? Anyways, where are you, Jake said you had a blood nose and went out of the house!"

"I went boarding and I fell off my board and someone is just helping me out because I've got a small cut on my leg." I sigh at his overreaction.

"Okay but come home as soon as possible, mom has been looking everywhere for you." he hangs up. So much for saying goodbye.

I throw my phone across the table.

"What was that?" I completely forgot Chloe was there.

"Oh, nothing, I just need to get home"

"You'll be fixed up in no time. Brace yourself,"

"Why-" Before I can finish my sentence, she puts the disinfectant on my leg. "Fudge!" I say but it's muffled from me biting my lip in pain.

It kills so much and stings. I grip the sides of the tables and scratch the wood with my bitten down nails.

As soon as Chloe finishes it still has that pain but I feel better anyways.

"Don't worry the pain won't be as bad from now on, I'll just bandage it up." Chloe reassures me.

She brings out a huge bandage and wraps it around my shin. The blood seeps through a bit but it already feels and looks a lot better.

After she finishes, I try to stand up which didn't go so well, I can already feel a bruise coming across my leg. At this I fall back into my chair and wince.

"I think it would be better if I gave you a ride to your house, do you live far?"

"Nah, I'm just a couple of blocks away."

"I'll just go get my keys."

We head outside to her mini car.

I hop in slowly with Chloe's help and my board in my arms.

I lead directions back to the house.

"This is me." I start to hop out very slowly and painfully.

I look back at Chloe who has and awestruck face. "You live with the Tanner's!"

"For now I do. Do you want to come in?"

"No, I better not, I need to get home for dinner, I'm so sorry again, hope you leg is better, thanks." she says so fast and speeds off back to her house faster than I could say 'Bye'.

I hobble into the house with the board under my arm. In the kitchen Mary is cooking dinner, yum.

"Sam! Are you all right? What happened!?" Mary sprints over to me.

"I was boarding and I fell, but I just hurt my leg and I got a ride home." I say trying to stand up tall, much to my legs dismay.

"This is not a little cut Sammy, why didn't you tell me?" Zach appears with wide eyes on my moderately blood soaked bandage.

"Let's just say I've had a rough and bloodful day."

•*•*•*•*•

Hmm...not so sure about this one but I like the new friend Chloe!

Comment and vote,

tell me what you think!

Stay funky <3

Bella x