Chapter one**

Droplets of sweat beaded the girl's pale forehead, her green eyes staring emotionless at the container in front of her reading W

Droplets of sweat beaded the girl's pale forehead, her green eyes staring emotionless at the container in front of her reading W.I.C.K.E.D in big red letters. She sat, her knees pulled to her chest, waiting. She didn't know what she was waiting for but she had a feeling anything would be better than being stuck in a box that moved a mile a minute. 'Ivy' she kept repeating over and over again in her head, assuming that it was her name. She tried to think of anything else, anything that could help her, but nothing came. She remembered things like learning to ride a bike, and sing, but she couldn't remember the faces of who taught her.

The stuffy box was full of dry air, the fast speed made her dizzy and her head spin, she felt like she wanted to puke but her stomach had nothing in it, it felt like she hadn't had something to eat in days. She wanted to cry but no tears would form, she wanted to yell, but her throat was sore from the dry air that surrounded her. So, in an attempt to sooth her burning forehead, Ivy laid down on the floor letting her forehead rest on the cool metal. It didn't take long for her green eyes to close, and for the girl to fall into a deep sleep.

The box came to a sudden stop, the boys on the other side stood curiously awaiting their new arrival. The door was pulled open by two boys and everyone peered over the sides expecting to see a scared boy who was shaking and scared. But instead they saw someone laying on the ground, their arm covering their face from view. A blonde boy, Newt, jumped into the box that was full of supplies to get them through the next two weeks, and he made sure not to jump onto the person. He stepped closer to the newbie, taking hesitant steps. He knew it wasn't a boy, this person was too skinny, much smaller than any broad shouldered boy he had seen. Her legs were covered with black shorts that clung to her small hips and a light blue t-shirt hung off her small shoulders. A pair of black boots laced to her feet and a pair of thick framed glasses sitting on the perch of her nose.

Bending down, Newt pushed a strand of hair behind the sleeping girls ear and his eyes brushed over her freckled covered face. She was breathtaking in Newts eyes. "What's going on Newt?" A boy yelled down. Newt stood back up and stepped away from the girl slightly, he looked up to the boys, his hazel eyes squinting from the harsh sunlight beaming down on him. "It's a girl," the blonde boy told them. That's when the relatively quite boys broke out into a mass of shouts.

"A girl?"

"I call dibs!"

"Do you see her legs?"

"Dude do you see her boobs!?"

"Man, the things I'd do!"

The shouts came from everywhere, they came from everyone. Alby, the leader of the boys groaned in frustration before he yelled over all the boys getting their attention. "Shut your holes, you slintheads! If any of you lay a hand on her I'll throw you into the Pitts myself, got that!" everyone grew quite and nodded. Newt turned his attention back to the girl, the first girl to ever come into the maze. She surprisingly still laid sleeping, Newt sighed and bent down gathering the small girl into his arms. Newt climbed out of the box with the help of some of the boys and turned to Alby.

"What do I do?" he asked unsure. Alby sighed, "Take her to the last room we got up in the homestead, we'll figure everything out after she wakes up." He told his friend. Newt nodded and did as Alby instructed, limping off to the homestead with a girl in his arms. 

When Newt got to the last room in the homestead, he set her on the single bed in the room and sighed taking a seat in the only chair in the room. Her long brown hair covered most of her face when he laid her down, making him reach out and push it away. Then, he sat in complete silence, staring out the window and waiting for her to wake up.

A half hour had passed when Ivy shifted on the bed, Newt looked up, his eyes instantly darting in her direction when he heard the sudden movement. Fluttering her eyes open Newt gasped, her eyes were so green. Like the green grass on a bright summer day, with specks of the tallest pine trees in them.

Ivy slowly pushed herself up on the bed, looking around the room slowly, her eyes landing on the blonde boy. "Who are you?" she asked, pushing herself away from him slightly, standing up slowly, Newt held up his hands to show he didn't have any intention of hurting her. "My names Newt," he told her, "I'm not going to hurt you," he added with a kind smile. "How do I know?" Ivy asked him quietly. Newt smiled, she had an accent just like him, except hers was slightly different than his. "You don't," he said with a shrug of his broad shoulders. "You're just going to have to trust me," he finished.

"That doesn't exactly sound comforting," she told him making him chuckle slightly, "No I suppose it doesn't."