Chapter 2 - Visit

The weeks seemed to fly by as we waited for an answer of some kind from Mrs. McGonagall I had also reread my letter. That's when I noticed that there was a second page which had me curious so I got Harry's attention from the window and showed him. We had started taking turns looking for an owl of any kind that might be bringing us news of what's going on. "I found a second page... it seems to be a school supplies list..." I said looking up at Harry confused while knowing mom and dad had saved up a lot of money for us. I looked over the list excited and wanting to go ahead and get our supplies so we could start learning. Almost as if answering my excitement the door bell rang which confused us since we weren't expecting company today. We heard Petunia go to answer it, but the curiosity got the better of us so we walked quietly out of our room.

We stopped at the top of the stairs before looking down the stairs which had me smiling since there stood Albus Dumbledore himself. He was talking to Petunia about something we couldn't hear before they turned to see us. I also saw that McGonagall and Hagrid was with them before we all headed to the livingroom. "Who are you?" I looked at Harry a little nervous and worried but it seemed like Albus didn't mind and answered his question. "I am Albus Dumbledore headmaster at Hogwarts, beside me is Professor McGonagall, and our grounds keeper Rubius Hagrid." I smiled over at them I had the letter I had recieved before hidden in my skirt at the moment. We waited for Vernon to come home but while we did Dumbledore handed us letters which had me confused since I still had my letter. "Its the tickets for the Hogwarts Express and details of how to get to the platform." I nodded smiling while opening it to confirm while also adding my letter to it without being noticed.

The conversation continued about our schooling when Vernon walked into the house and he wasn't happy to see our guests. He looked at us but noticed that I had my letter still in the envelope about to pull it out which is what I had planned while the teachers knew that I hadn't just got it. It's a lot of headaches but it was still fun, mostly because they were an every day thing for me nowadays. I looked over at Dumbledore but he was busy talking to Harry about something while I looked at our lists.

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Uniform
First-year students will require:
1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)
Please note that all pupils' should carry name tags.

Course Books:
All students should have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
A beginners' Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
One Thousand Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Breasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
The Dark Arts: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

Other Equipment
1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set of glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales
Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS

"Where do we go to buy all this?" I said looking over at Dumbledore curious or at least faking it since I already knew were we would be getting it. "In Diagon Alley, Professor McGonagall would you be kind enough to escort them there with Hagrid??" She smiled at him which had me smiling happily along with Harry since this is something that we've both wanted. "We'd be happy to take them Albus, wouldn't we Hagrid?" Hagrid just smiled and nodded as if saying he he'd be more than happy to take us out to get our school supplies. However Vernon decided to voice his distaste of us even going to Hogwarts which had Dumbledore upset with him but we were allowed to go anyway. I was super happy and excited about all of this that I wanted to go right then and there to Diagon Alley.