BOOK REWRITE: "Hearbreak Headlines"

Hello to all y'all reading this! :D

I have decided to re-write this story because honestly, it's all over the place (I mean, how did Raissa even rent a human? It's illegal to rent a human being... And the mind erasing part? How did that happen? And why does Ben have a stage name that is almost never mentioned again and why does Raissa not recognize him but still keeps in touch with him? Yeah... I obviously did not plan this story out AT ALL.) and I inwardly cringe when I re-read it (also I've been told my writing contains too many squiggles :P) so re-writing the story was a no-brainer for me. I was originally going to delete the whole story, but I feel like a lot of you would come after me if I did that so... KEEPING THE ORIGINAL AND MAKE A NEW VERSION IT IS.

The new (and updated) version of the story, titled "Heartbreak Headlines" will still feature Raissa, Ben, Charlotte, Aria, and Aaron. Additionally, Kris will have more of a role in the story as well.

Anyways, here's a preview of the story! Enjoy~! :)
--

BREAKING NEWS: BEN NO LONGER PART OF POPULAR BOYBAND 'NITE'.

Benjamin Hayes of the popular boyband NITE has been kicked out of the group. The management company BRIGHT held a press conference in which they confirmed the nullification of Ben's contract and his termination with the company. This comes after Ben was sued by Tabitha Anderson, a girl who Ben reportedly attacked behind an alleyway, an attack that was captured on camera and released to the press. The company voiced their disappointment in Ben and condemned his actions, stating that "fame got to his head and we cannot allow for such actions to go unpunished. We hope that he will repent on his unacceptable actions and learn from the consequences of his actions."

As of now, it is unclear if Ben will sign with another company or drop out of the entertainment business altogether. Inside sources say-

"Inside sources don't know shit," Kris cussed at the screen, slamming the remote on the table after shutting the TV off. The Asian turned to his roommate and grabbed the blond boy's shoulders. "Ben, you have to stop watching these things. These shows thrive on watching people like you fall."

Ben stared up at his roommate, his dark blond hair getting into his eyes.

"Look at you," Kris sighed, pushing Ben's hair up and trying to spike it up. "Dude. You know you didn't attack that girl. The whole 'attack' was staged. That bitch was just doing it for the publicity and for her fifteen minutes of fame!"

"I know," Ben finally said after a moment of silence, sighing. "The CEO of BRIGHT has been trying to kick me out for a long time now."

"Well, yeah," Kris scoffed. "With you gone, he can put his son as the guitarist and make him the face of the group. His son doesn't need to work for the fame. You've done all the work for him."

"I don't know what to do with myself," Ben murmured, hugging a pillow to his chest and burying his face into it.

Kris was quiet before sighing and rummaging around in his backpack, pulling out a pamphlet.

"What is this?" Ben asked, sitting up and taking it from Kris' offered hand

"Your mom gave it to me after yelling something along the lines of: 'I'm going to force Aaron to destroy that bitch. No one messes with my son.'"

Ben's lips turned up into a small smile as he looked through the pamphlet. "This is...

"Auditions for FORTE Arts Academy. Auditions begin in a week so we still have time to sign up. I mean, it's nothing like being a big star and releasing albums, but it's something to take your mind off of the situation, you know?"

"But won't people know it's me?"

"You don't know how these auditions work?" Kris asked, looking at Ben in horror.

"What?"

"These are blind auditions. You perform behind a screen- well, first you perform for a panel of three judges, and if you pass the preliminaries, then you perform behind a screen for public voting."

"How the hell do you judge a dance if you're behind a screen?"

"There's like a light behind you that shows your shadow."

"But what if people can tell that it's my shadow?"

"Dude, no one can tell. Trust me. Just wear a hoodie or something," Kris waved off before snapping his fingers. "Oh! Also, Aria also gave me this," The tall Asian boy muttered, lifting a container out of his backpack.

"Is that...?"

"Yeah. Sushi. She was super excited about it and gave it to me in a suspicious black bag. Does Aaron not let her eat sushi or something?"

"My mom is not allowed to eat sushi after The Incident in May," Ben said wisely, shaking his head in remorse.

"So are you going to audition? I need to know whether I should audition with you or not," Kris commented offhandedly, munching on chips that he seemed to pull out from no where.

Ben stared at the Asian boy with wide eyes.

"Dude. What?" Kris asked, a bit creeped out at Ben's continuous staring.

"YOU'RE SUCH A GOOD FRIEND!" Ben cried, flinging himself and throwing his arms around Kris.

"OKAY, OKAY, I GET IT!" Kris yelled, trying to stop Ben's hugging attack. "BUT YOU'RE CRUSHING THE CHIPS!"