The Fallout

Phlox arrived in the shuttle bay, "You look like you've been in a riot," he said.

"Doctor," Lili said, forming an idea in her head, "can you give me an examination first? I want to be sure the baby is all right."

Jonathan nodded, "I need to get a debriefing together anyway. Executive level staff – we won't even bother changing. Main conference room. Now."

"I guess I'm free to go," Jenny said, still tentative.

"Here, let's get to quarters. I know I wanna shower and pass out," Deb said.

Doug looked at Lili for a second, "I'll take Joss back to quarters. Spend some time with him."

"We can talk, uh, later," Lili said. She couldn't help it, but her eyes did follow a certain person on the Executive level staff as he filed out with the others, "I just want to make sure Petey is all right."

Kick kick

"Of course," Doug said tightly. So this was how it was going to be? He departed with Yimar and Joss and Lili could hear him ask, "What's today's date, anyway?"

=/\=

Sick Bay was its usual mayhem.

"You are in perfect health. Mother and baby are doing splendidly," Phlox said, "You're about four and a half months along or so. It's hard to tell with the placenta getting in the way of everything."

"Doctor, I don't want to tell you your business."

"I don't understand."

"It's just; I think you should, uh, examine the women next. The other four who were in captivity. And, um, I think you should give them all pregnancy tests."

"Oh?" Phlox arched an eyebrow. This would require a little fancy footwork, given privacy regulations. He could cover it, initially, with just a request for examinations. But if there were findings, it would get trickier. He also knew – given the pay grade and rank differences among the ten who'd been held captive – there could be sexual harassment issues. He was not looking forward to this.

=/\= 

The debriefing contained a call from Admiral Gardner.

"Go ahead," Jonathan said.

"You all look a bit tired," Gardner said.

"None the worse for wear."

"Still. Maybe we'll do the real debriefing later. But I do have some interesting news that may come out of this."

"Oh?" said T'Pol. She was the only one in the room who was in uniform.