Chapter 12

Ariana's POV

1 week later

"Ariana, can we talk now please, this is pathetic" Ashton shouted through my bedroom door.

"Where's mum, Harry and Lauren?" I asked once I opened my bedroom door.

"Shopping, now come on" He grabbed my wrist and pulled me downstairs.

I sat down on the couch and Kelly and Ashton walked into the room.

"Do you really love each other?" They nodded.

"I love her more than anything, I promise I won't hurt her or get in the way of your friendship" Ashton smiled.

"I guess I'll have to accept this anyway since its already been happening for so long" I smiled and nodded.

"I'm sorry about messing everything up with Michael" the pang in my chest returned and hurt more than ever.

"Y-yeah" I mumbled and twirled some of my hair around my finger, a habit of mine.

"You really like him don't you" I nodded my head and bit my lip.

"I'm so sorry" he whispered and pulled me into his arms, tears filled my eyes and I blinked them back. I can't cry anymore, its getting to much now.

"Its fine, maybe it just wasn't meant to happen" I looked at the ground and bit my lip.

I walked past them and entered the kitchen and grabbed some flavoured water from the fridge.

I opened it and took a sip feeling instantly refreshed, I smiled and put the cap back onto the bottle.

The doorbell rang and I opened the door quickly and saw my two best friends on the other side of the door.

I threw my arms around them and formed a group hug between us, they both smiled at me and for the first time in a while I smiled back genuinely.

"Okay what the hell are you wearing?" Luke laughed, I looked down and saw my fluffy white pajama bottoms and an oversized grey top.

"I wasn't expecting company!" I hit Luke with my water bottle, he shot me a glare and I burst into laughter.

"Shall we all go out somewhere like old times?" Ashton suggested.

"Yeah! Can we go exploring in the woods again?!" I shouted and earned a nod from Ashton.

I ran upstairs and washed my face and brushed my teeth again, I put on some moisturizers and smiled at my reflection. Something I haven't done in a long time.