Chapter VIII

Under Custer vs. World (1877), the famous international court case, no one can own the Beatles. That includes the Beatles themselves, and they must be kept in the dark about this state of affairs. Michael Jackson was secretly coaxed by the World Government into buying the Beatles' songs, just so the famous court case could be kept secret from those to whom it pertains! The World Government is governing the world! Anarchists arise! *Screams and kicks as dragged away by men in white coats*

A/N: It'll be a little while til my next update, so I hope everybody likes this one! Thanks to everyone who left a review last time, especially all the wonderful people who met my "longest review" challenge: WattPad, InmylifeIloveLennon, Macca40, MasterofFire, and cityofstarlight; FanFiction, Macca's Little Teddy Bear, ThisBirdHasFlownToRhye. Luv ya :0)

Mal led the charge out of the limo, the rest of the Beatles' party right behind him. They were instantly mobbed by reporters, who bombarded George and Ringo with questions:

"Why did you cancel your Glasgow concerts?"

"Where are John Lennon and Paul McCartney?"

"Are the Beatles breaking up? Will you cut your hair if they do?"

Mal pushed through the crowd to the hotel doors. George, Ringo, Neil, and Brian hurried to stay in the empty pocket in his wake. The fivesome raced across the hotel lobby and into the nearest elevator, which they rode in silence to the top floor.

Finally, the elevator dinged, and the doors slid open. George and Ringo raced out, only to have their collars grabbed by Brian.

"Oh no, you don't," warned their manager darkly. "I'm not having all four of you run off."

"We just wanted to go to the hotel room," groaned Ringo. "Come off it, you're not going to punish us for John and Paul running away, are you?"

Brian chuckled humourlessly. "You can blame them, not me."

"They've really got you worried, haven't they?" snickered George as they strode down the hallway to their suite.

"Do you think this is funny, George?" asked Brian, a slight trace of insanity hovering on his emphasis. George wisely chose to shut up. Brian unlocked their suite door and held it open for George, Ringo, Neil, and Mal, who all collapsed into the chairs of the suite living room. Brian closed the door behind them.

Ringo stood up again. "Does anyone want to go out to a club or something?"

Mal and Neil both shook their heads. "I'm knackered," explained Neil.

"I'll go," answered George.

"You're not going anywhere," replied Brian. "As I said earlier, I've already lost two of you."

George made a face at Brian. Crestfallen, Ringo fell back into his seat.

"This isn't fair!" complained the drummer.

"Fair or not, it's my policy," answered Brian, flicking some imaginary dust off his sleeve.

Silence fell.

"Let's go to our room," said George venomously. "Help yourself to the telly, Warden Epstein."

The guitarist led Ringo out of the living room. George flung open the door to their bedroom and marched in, slamming it behind Ringo.

"I can't believe this!" ranted George. "John and Paul should've known this would be terrible for us! Or maybe they did, and they just didn't care! Well, it isn't funny."

"Not anymore," interjected Ringo. "It was pretty funny until Brian started punishing us."

"That's my point!" yelled George. "John and Paul have been stupid idiots before, but this takes the cake! We're stuck here, virtually prisoners, while they gallivant off around Scotland!"

Ringo shook his head. "For shame."

George fell back onto his bed with a sigh.

"What do you want to do?" asked Ringo. "Unless you'd prefer to sulk in silence, that is."

George shrugged.

Ringo turned on the radio on the bedside table and fiddled with its dials. He stopped when he heard his own name.

" . . . and Ringo Starr," crackled the voice. "The famous band seems to be missing its two leaders, John Lennon and Paul McCartney. No one knows where they are or what's happened to them. Some speculate that the two famous Liverpudlians have fled to Australia to escape the law; others think that they've already been arrested. Yet more people are convinced that Lennon and McCartney have left showbiz to farm carrots. Here with me tonight is –"

"Turn that thing off," groaned George. Ringo complied reluctantly.

"D'you want to play cards or something?" inquired the drummer.

George sat up and pulled his knees up to his chest. "Sure."

A/N: I don't mind birdseed (it might turn me into Spiderman :0P), but I'd REALLY love a review! Ta!