Detectives {21}

"Everyone ready?" Daichi asked the team as everyone gathered at your houses front door.

After receiving gloomy, quiet, 'yes's he continued "alright. When we get there- if anyone feels the need to leave or step out of the house, just do it. I'm sure everyone else will understand"

"But- the detective also wanted to ask a couple of questions to all of us." Daichi finished.

They all nodded their heads. Daichi looked at Kageyama, gave him a small nod with a smile, and turned to ring the doorbell.

After a couple seconds of waiting, the door was swung open, only to find a familiar face.

It was Kuroo.

"......."

"Um... we're here to talk to y/n's parents- to see what's been going on..,, and uh- the detectives-" Daichi tried getting rid of the awkward silence.

Kuroo just stepped out of the way without saying a word and let the group come in.

Suga let everyone walk ahead of him, he felt like crying when he saw Kageyama hesitate to walk in, standing at the doorsteps.

"We can do this" Kageyama felt someone gently grip his shoulder "you can do this."  He looked up to see his upperclassmen, Suga, giving him a reassuring smile. He nodded and walked into the home.

Kei entered the home and looked around. They all walked into the living room, Kuroo closing the front door behind them.

In the living room they found an older lady who looked like she hadn't slept in days, and another lady who looked sad- just sad.

Next to them was a familiar face, a small half blonde half brown haired boy. He sat hunched over and arms crossed.

On his left was a short kid, he looked tired and his eyes were puffy and red, like he was crying.

"You must be my y/n's friends" your mother greeted the boys with a forced smile.

It's not that she didn't wanna meet the guys, she just had to force the smile for- obvious reasons.

"Hello, I'm Daichi and this is Suga" he motioned to his friend, who had rushed over to greet the lady.

"I'm so sorry you and your family is having to go through this. If there's anything, it doesn't matter what, we'll do our best to help" he smiled to your mom, getting teary eye.

"Oh-" your mom began queitly crying "thank you. Thank you very much. Just being here means a lot, letting me know my y/n has people who care for her."

"Of course she does" Suga smiled, a small tear rolling down his face as Daichi rested a hand on his shoulder, the rest of the boys looking down at the floor, clearly upset. Kiyoko started quietly crying and Asahi put an arm around her shoulder to calm her.

"Please, take a seat" your mom made way for them to sit. There wasn't really space so they allowed Kiyoko to sit on the couch while Kags and Hinata sat on the floor next to her and the rest of them stood.

"I asked a colleague of mine to help out with this case, don't worry- you won't need to pay extra for him, I said I'd give him half. He said he'd do it for free"

"I hope you don't mind I asked him to come over, he should be here any minute really" Kurapika told your mom.

"I-it's alright. But if we can, we'd still pay for him too-"