Forgetting everyone else, Ethan stared as the trio made their way down the aisle. Sasha walked stiffly on her sister's right, her injuries still marring her features, but her infectious smile was clear. Faye walked on Ivy's left, practically vibrating with energy as she giggled and smiled.

Whilst Ethan's brain noticed all these details, he only had eyes for the woman in the middle.

Her curly hair was piled on top of her head, with a crown of flowers woven in. Her dress skated down her body and pooled behind her, blanketing the carpet in white material. Though the dress was beautiful, it paled in comparison to the woman wearing it.

Ivy's eyes danced with happiness and she smiled at him shyly when their eyes met. His heart soared at the sight of her and his nerves disappeared.

The sisters held her hand and placed it in Ethan's. In a gesture reminiscent of times passed.

Her hand in his made him feel complete and for the first time his nerves disappeared.

The rest of the ceremony passed in a blur of words. He was too focused on the woman beside him, who met his wondrous stare with one of her own, to pay any attention to what was happening around him.

When it came to his part, his words rang clear and triumphant.

"I do."

He watched as the registrar turned to Ivy.

He held his breath as her eyes gazed into his. His heart was beating painfully hard against his chest at her glorious smile.

"I do."

******************************************

Five years later........

"Storytime. Storytime." Ivy could hear her three year old daughter, Serena, demand followed by Faye's soft laugh.

They bounded into the room and jumped on her and Ethan's bed.

"So you've finally come out of hiding?" Ivy smiled as they both beamed up at her with guilty faces. They were supposed to be helping her tidy up, ready for Paige, Kai, and their twins Leyton and James to stay with them tomorrow.

"Sorry, but this one was too tired and wanted a bedtime story." Faye looked pointedly at her niece's very much awake expression.

Upon seeing her auntie's large eyes Serena quickly faked a yawn and slumped down on the bed.

"I'm so tired Mamma," she said dramatically, causing Faye to roll her eyes.

"Too tired for a story then?" Ivy asked teasingly.

The horror on her daughter's face was priceless.

"I'm never too tired for stories." Serena told her seriously.

Ivy only chuckled and climbed up the bed until her daughter was snuggled in her lap and Faye's head rested against her shoulder.

"Okay, so what story do you want?" Ivy asked, already knowing which one Serena would pick.

"The one with the handsome prince." It was her daughter's favourite story.

Ivy settled into the story, whilst Faye and Serena laughed at her different voices. Just as they'd finished Ethan popped his head around the door. Their one year old son, Nicoholas, was snuggled in his arms.

"Ah, so this is where my women are." He chuckled when Serena blinked sleepily at him.

"Papà, Mamma was telling us how the princess rescued the prince and then they lived happily ever after." She said dreamily whilst Ethan joined them on the bed, resting the sleeping boy across his legs.

"Oh, she was? And was this prince very handsome?" He arrogantly smirked, causing Ivy and Faye to laugh, but Serena only mumbled before her light snore started up.

"Guess your bedtime story worked, Sis. I'm gonna watch some TV." Faye kissed Ivy on the cheek and then left.

"Why don't we get these two to bed?"

She nodded her head at Ethan's suggestion and carefully picked up Serena, hating how her daughter was already growing up.

She and Ethan put her to bed first, before tucking Nicholas safely into his cot.

"I think the prince is very handsome by the way." Ivy breathed, loving the feel of Ethan's arms wrapped around her.

He placed a loving hand to her slightly rounded stomach where their baby was still tucked away.

"You can save me anytime my la mia principessa." And as Ethan gazed into Ivy's eyes, he knew he'd found all his dreams with her.