14

" 𝒅𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒐 "

" 𝒅𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒐 "

'SIRIUS!' I cried running down to his side by the lake, 'Is he breathing' Harry's voice was wavering he was worried about him just as I was, I leaned over his mouth, 'its okay, he's okay he's still breathing' Harry's body relaxed. I looked up at Harry but a movement caught my eye. 'Uh we have some other, issues' Harry shared where I had looked seeing dementors making their way towards us. 'shit, shit shit' I muttered fumbling around for my wand. 'Shit!' Harry didn't have his wand either. 'Well it's been good brother' I cursed again as over 100 of them came down on us and Sirius beginning to give Sirius the dementors kiss. I moved forward to Sirius but my body froze up the cold feeling spread to all my limbs, I dropped to my knees.The last time I encountered the dementors I had Draco to keep me okay, now I didn't.

I tried to think of every happy memory I had but all I could think of was Draco which made me feel more cold and more like I was about to die. 'Got the hot's for me huh?'  'I can be nice'  'I'll even read a muggle book'  'No one has ever brought out this in me'  'stupid ugly bird'  'I think you owe me something'  'I'll see you tomorrow y/n/n' I cried out in pain my head hitting the floor and just to my luck hitting a rock, if my head didn't hurt because of the wound from the Whomping Willow it sure did now. I struggled to move my hand but I tried to hold my hand against it to stop it bleeding but I was too weak. The dark blots started to cover my vision but I could only think of one thing 'draco'.

|||

'Is she going to be okay?' The voice was recognisable anywhere he sounded bitter but still worried. 'Malfoy she's fine' I sat up in an instant making my head spin round. 'Get out.' Draco turned to me quickly 'y/n/n you're okay' I pushed him to the door 'Get out!' He was clearly startled by my shouting 'y/n listen you're just confused from hitting your head' I laughed at him 'I know what I'm saying' I spat 'now get out because its your fault I ever had to go see Buckbeak other wise I would never have run into anyone else so fuck you Malfoy' I was hitting him now pushing him more and more 'You never fucking cared about me anyway it was all a fake so Get Out!' Draco stood looking back at me in shock. 'I-' I pushed him one last time. 'you nothing. you never did.' He reached for my hand but I yanked it back. Draco was to in shock to sneer or do anything else so he just walked out.

'y/n-' I threw up my hand 'shut up' My voice cracked 'not right now please' My voice cracked and I turned wiping under my eyes I was expecting Harry to hug me but was surprised when feminine arms wrapped around me. I decided that I was too emotional to be snarky so I just buried my face into her shoulder, 'I know he's a git I know but' Hermione shushed me brushing my hair with her fingers. 'He was your friend it's okay y/n' I stepped away from her when the great big doors opened. I had some hope that it was Draco but it was not.

Draco's pov

I had lost her, she had pushed me out the door and I had lost her completely, I had been such an idiot if I had known how much she actually cared for the bird I wouldn't off done that I would of left it, I would leave anything if she had asked me and now she had thrown me not only the hospital wing but her life, I thought back to us reading in the common room and smiled grimacing over the loss of my best friend. In that moment I made a promise to myself to get her back next year and next year she would fall for me like I did her.

y/n's pov

The second Dumbledore entered the room Harry and Hermione bombarded him about how Sirius was innocent and Scabbers, Ron's rat, was Peter. It gave me a moment to take a deep breath and wipe my tears away. Right now was not the time to be freaking out over a boy, seriously a boy I was at Hogwarts I was not doing this, I could sort out things with Draco after doing something about Sirius. 'I do, Miss Granger but the word of three 13-year-old wizards will convince few others a child's voice, however honest and true... is meaningless to those who have forgotten how to listen. Mysterious thing, time. Powerful... and when meddled with, dangerous,Sirius Black is in the topmost cell of the Dark Tower you know the laws, Miss Granger. You must not be seen And you would do well, I feel, to return before this last chime. If not, the consequences are too ghastly to discuss If you succeed tonight... more than one innocent life may be spared. Three turns should do it, I think, Oh, and by the way when in doubt, I find retracing my steps to be a wise place to begin. Good luck'

What the fuck is that man on, 'What the bloody hell was that all about?' Ron queered speaking my thoughts, 'Sorry Ron but seeing as you can't walk y/n come here' I frowned but did as the bossy girl said. She pulled a necklace from tucked in to her jumped and somehow managed to wrap it round the three of us. 'holy...' Dumbledore was talking about a time turner. Hermione Granger had a time turner, I watched fascinated by the girl spinning the small circle in the middle. I watched around us as it showed the past hours of everyone in and out of the hospital wing. 'What the?' Harry asked but we both ignored him. 'where were we at 7:30?' I nudged Harry who was in awe. 'Oh uh going down to Hagrid's' The three of us sprinted but stopped at Malfoy's voice hiding behind a pillar. 'That's us'.

'Potter you and your sister really shouldn't get so attached to the bird seeing as well you know, it's dead meat' Draco's words had hurt me, a lot but I didn't have time to think about that right now. I peaked again and saw Hermione punching him, 'awesome' I muttered as Draco and his little henchmen ran off getting all upset. The trio headed down to Hagrid's hut and we followed close behind. Hiding behind some pumpkins, I watched as Harry and I talked and then I hugged him, I let out a small smile watching us, I felt Harry slip his hand into mine and squeeze, we were getting along and he had really helped me out in the moment we were watching. I frowned as we walked into the hut and Dumbledore was walking down with Cornelius Fudge. 'shit why aren't we leaving?' Hermione picked up a small rock from the pumpkin throwing it. 

The four of us were now leaving and heading towards, us. 'Come on' I urged pulling them into the trees, 'Is that really what I look like from behind?' Hermione quizzed causing a twig to snap. I leaped forward pulling her back out of sight. 'I thought I just saw, never mind' Hermione from 3 hours ago announced. 'come on lets go' Ron insisted pulling Hermione and Harry away myself following. I growled watching the stupid rat, I wanted nothing more to grab the rat and stab it but I couldn't it would ruin it all. 

'more than one innocent life can be saved' I reminisced Dumbledore's words, 'Hermione remember Dumbledore said more than one innocent life can be saved you don't think he was talking about Buckbeak do you?' Hermione gasped nodding 'y/n you genius come on we need to be quick' I beamed and followed her to the Pumpkin patch where he lay. Harry and Hermione kept trying but I let my mind race to options to get him up. 'reading' I murmured. 'Dear friend' I started in a harsh whisper that caught Buckbeak's attention.  'I am writing to you because she said you listen and understand' Buckbeak was now up as I tried my best to remember the first page of our book. He was walking towards me whilst I backed into the woods and Hermione grabbed the Ferrets. 'and didn't try to sleep at that one person at that party' We were completely hidden now so I stopped. He nudged me and I laughed kissing the space between his eyes 'you're okay buddy' He made a sound and I shushed him. Hermione threw over a Ferret as I smiled, 'you're free now' I moved towards Harry and Hermione my mood lifted 'Let's go save Sirius'. 

[A/N] so this one's longer and i have school today so I might cry but 🤠