{ Married to the Mafia }

"Jonathon, please just take the medication." She pleaded to her husband for the fifth time. He turned his head again in frustration. She lightly held the bandage against his shoulder, but he yanked her hand away with his action.

"No, I'm not taking the god damn medicine,
Y/n." He pushed her hand away with force that made the pill drop out of her hand, "I'm not a fucking child that needs taken care of."

"You were just shot not even twenty four hours ago. Why won't you just let me help you, hun?" She sighed, feeling defeated with her significant other.

She knew the reason why. He was part of the mafia since he was a child. He always had to care of himself since his parents were always on the job. Y/n understood this, but just because they are in the mafia, doesn't mean that counted for their marriage.

"Because I don't want your help. I don't need it. I am perfectly fine." He spoke sternly, looking at her.

"Sure, mutton chops. You are bleeding out, without any pain pills, stitches or removal yet. You are "perfectly" fine. Just let me do something please?" He turned his head to the wall, and she pulled his face back with her hand.

He was silent again.

She looked him up and down. He was still in his suit, sitting on a chair by her. Blood trickled down his white button up, where the bullet landed in his shoulder.

"Okay.. then, what can I do?" She felt her own frustration began to build as she sighed.

"Leave me the hell alone." He turned to her as he pushed himself out of the chair. He groaned slightly.

"Jonathon, you know I'm not going to do that." She stood you herself.

"Get the hell out." He spoke a little louder. Y/n balled her fists, but stayed calm.

"Look, I get you are upset. I would be too if I was just shot, but you have no reason to be irritated at me." She walked slowly towards him. She could hear his sigh.

"You are right, but I am. So just get the hell out!" He snapped at her as he turned around, gripping his wounded shoulder. She jumped slightly as his action. His frustration quickly turned to guilt.

"Y/n-.."

"You.. you have no right to yell at me like that. I am your wife, I vowed to always help you, but obviously you don't want it. You got to keep the mafia ego right? Big tough guy?," she asked turning to grab her coat.

"Doll, wait-.." schlatt tried to walk towards her but she stopped him.

"No. Talk to me when you are positive you aren't going to be an asshole. I'm not going to put up with it. I don't deserve that. This isn't the man I married."

She turned and pulled the door open.

And then she left.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.

"Cooper, you are a cheater!" Y/n yelled as Cooper managed to win the game of pool they were playing. He laughed.

"You sure? You know you love me." Cooper tapped her side with the pool stick as he walked to put it away. She laughed.

"Hopefully she still loves me too." A raspy voice caught her off guard, causing her laughing to stop. She looked up and put her pool stick down.

Cooper laid a hand on her shoulder, "I'll be right around the corner okay?"

She nodded before looking down again. She felt his hand leave her shoulder. And it fell silent again.

"Doll, I owe you a huge apology," Schlatt walked to her carefully, while still holding onto his shoulder, "I should have let you help me. I know you always have good intentions.. and I know you want to help me, not because you have to. I cannot tell you how sorry I am for yelling at you. That was un called for."

She sighed as she nodded, "yes, it was, but for me to accept this apology I need you to promise me something.. that you will forget your past. I am your future, and that's what I want you to focus on. And your future, will always be here. Because your future loves you more than anything. So promise me, that you will let me help you."

"Okay," he now was hovered over her, "I promise."

She pushed up and touched his lips softly. Before he could pull back, she lifted her knuckles and punch his shoulder.

He groaned as he lifted his head into the air.

"You ever do that to me again and I will kill you." Y/n spoke as she wrapped her arms around his waist. He rest his good arm on her shoulder.

"Noted."

.*.*.*.*.*.*.