Days off • Chapter 20

Y/n's P.O.V

"So what do you want to do today?" I asked the boy as my head was on his lap as old reruns played.

"I don't know we never really have day's off" Spencer answered with a small shrug. I took this time to scan his face. From his perfect hair to his perfect jawline.

He finally noticed me staring as he looked down, meeting my eyes.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." he smirked. 'Whatever dork" I laughed before getting up. "Come on, let's go." I said, offering my hand to him.

He grabbed it, getting up and giving me a confused look.

"Go where?" he asked. "There is this really cool music store on second street" I responded, not being able to hold in my excitement. He nodded, grabbing his keys, as we walked out hand in hand.

It wasn't long before we stood outside the store that was filled with instruments.

I pulled him walking up to the register. "How can I help you today?" One of the workers greeted us. "Can we get a room?" I asked politely, he nodded, pressing some buttons and asking for my card which I gladly gave.

Spencer looked at the machine, his eyes widened as he saw the price.

"$200 dollars" he mouthed to me. "Wait" I told him with a blank face. The man gave me a key and told me we could go on ahead. "Why so expensive?" he asked once we were out of earshot of the worker.

"You'll see in a bit" I looked at the key seeing a small red number eight painted on it.

I looked at the doors finally seeing the eighth one as we stood in front of it. "Close your eyes" I whispered. I unlocked the door and turned to make sure his eyes were closed before guiding him in the room and closing the door.

"Open" I said with a small giggle.

He looked in awe at the sight in front of him. The large room had a long couch, a table in the middle, and almost every instrument you could think of hidden behind a see through glass door.

There were neon led lights that filled the room, dimming it and a large screen on the wall next to a microphone and a speaker.

"Woah" he finally spoke.

"I know right" I told him with a smile as I walked over to the glass door.

I always loved coming to this place to practice singing and just to play instruments for fun. One hundred dollars per person and you can spend as much time in there as you wanted well until the shop closed.

I grabbed a guitar and placed it on the table. There was a piano already placed next to the couch so I closed the door and sat down next to Spencer on the couch.

"Do you know how to play?" I asked him, referring to the piano.

"Somewhat, it's all just basic math if I can get my hands to remember the pattern of the keys I think I got it." he rambled making me grin.

I got the guitar plucking the strings and making sure that it was in tune.

I started to play "Can't help falling in love" by Elvis Presley as Spencer just stared. "Y/n" he said, stopping me quietly. "Yes?". "Can you go sing it?" he asked softly as a blush tinted his cheeks.

"And play at the same time?" I asked confused.

He shook his hand standing up and heading over to the piano.

He sat down playing with different keys for a moment before getting the tune of the song fairly fast. "Wow is there anything you aren't good at?" I joked as I walked over to the microphone.

He hands played as he nodded telling me to start. I hooked my hands onto the cord as I took a deep breath nervously.

No matter how many times I sang I was never really nervous, or how I was like now. Spencer made me feel things I never thought I would feel, and I wasn't complaining.

I let the words flow out of my mouth softly singing to the tune that he played.

Wise men say, only fools rush in

But I can't help falling in love with you

I locked eyes with him singing every word.

Shall I stay, would it be a sin

Oh, if I can't help falling in love with you

I felt myself go deep into thought. It felt as if the song was written for us.

Nothing else mattered at this exact moment.
Just us.
Here in this room.

Like a river flows surely to the see

Darling so it goes some things are meant to be

Take my hand, take my whole life too

For I can't help falling in love with you

The song finished as the sound of the piano faded.

I put the microphone back into its place slowly. I looked up to be met with him standing right in front of me.

We just stared into eachothers eyes for what felt like eternity.

"I-" I tried to speak but no words came out. His lips crashed into mine, sending butterflies to erupt all over my body.

Oh for I can't help falling in love with you.

I hope you guys liked this one! It was really cute! Please leave a comment/vote!🤍