chapter 15

Janani's pov:

My mom entered inside "it's time go Janani " Mom called me.

I nodded my head and stood up, Naresh patted my back and we three started to go outside. Amma placed Garland around my head and gave me a small bouquet in my hand.

My father came inside "You're so beautiful today " He said and kissed my forehead.

They both guided me to the stage, all the time I bend my head down. I don't want to see anyone right now. Mom made me sit next to him. I never looked up to see him. Priest start the rituals, all were blur I looked up to see Rahul was standing in front of me with a sadness and pity in his eyes.

Yes Rahul my life is struck with this person who hate me the most. I don't know what will I do hereafter.

Soon priest gave the mangalyam(scared thread) to Naveen. His hand were first hesitated to take it but after few seconds he took it from him and his hand came around my neck and he started to tie it.

That's it every happiness in my life is gone far away from me. Hereafter I should always be afraid and scared of him in my entire life. Will he accept me as his wife is the only question raising in my head.

Then he took a pinch of Vermilion and turned to me. This time I looked at him, his grey eyes were staring at my teary eyes. He turned away and applied Vermilion in my head partition.

Then priest told us to take rounds around the fire. My mom helped me to get up and they tied both the end of our dress in knots and mama told Naveen to hold my hand.

He was standing still, " Naveen do what elders say " Athai said with clenching teeth.

He held my hand and we two started to take rounds. Then they told Naveen to wear me toe ring, he hold my leg and wore me it. After all the rituals confused guests came to take picture with us.

Finally all the photo session got over, we both were standing on the stage. Rahul came and stood next to me.Naresh and other photographer started to take photo. " Why did you agreed to marry him " He whispered to me.

I looked at him but never said anything to him. " I never bought any gift to you as I don't know today you will be married " He said little loud than before.

"Happy married life Naveen " Rahul said and forwarded his hand to him.

But as you know Naveen he never shaked his hand. Rahul huffed and hugged me and then went down. My mom came and took us to have our breakfast but we both never touched the food.

Then we came again to the Hall, Naveen sat on the chair and I was standing next to him. Naresh came and dragged to opposite of him and made me sit down.

"Janani don't be like this " Naresh said.

"Like what" I snapped at him.

All the relatives were gone only our both family were here. Athai came "come on let's go to our home " Said.

We all stood up,went out of the mandap. I sat inside the car and then Naveen came next to me. All my energy were drained from me. I don't want to talk or do anything with anyone. I just want to change this saree and need to sleep peacefully.

I leaned on the window and car got started after half an hour we reaches Naveen's home. we all came out and athai told us to wait outside. And both our mother went inside after few minutes athai came with aarathi plate.

"Come on Janu stand close to Naveen " Athai said.

I went little close to him and they started to take aarathi. After that we all went inside and athai took us to the pooja room.