Chapter 20: What Words Can't Say

Alex's POV.

  I get weaker every time Sebastian picks me up. I can feel the attraction between us like a tugboat tied to my torso, but he seems oblivious to it all. He keeps sending me his snide little smirks and each one makes my heart pitter patter.

I hate this feeling, like I have to be close to him all the time. Otherwise it feels like I'm drowning and I can't find my way back up to the surface. I doubt he feels the same way, and that makes me hate these feelings more.

I sigh. "Bring me to the kitchen, I'm hungry." I whine straight into his ear.

I hear him mutter to himself as he turns his body towards the kitchen, and I smile because I know I'm finally wearing him down.

"You could at least be a bit more polite Mrs. Alex." He says, although it sounds more like a sigh.

He sets me down in one of the chairs and he turns towards the pantry. He reaches onside and removes a small cake looking thing. In fact it more looks like a messed up bagel. He turns his back to me as he starts to make me a snack.

He pulls things out of drawers and he takes more things out of the cupboards and he continues to work. I drum my fingers on the table to continue to annoy him and I am surprised when a plate lands by my fingertips.

A small cake is drissled with jam and melted chocolate and has strawberries to garnish it. My mouth is watering just from looking at it when I see the fork swoop in.

I turn my head to look at Sebastian and I see that he's eating the fork full of food.

"HEY!" I let out a shrill, childish scream.

  All I get in return is a smug grin as he continues to eat my cake. I try to swat the fork out of his hand, but he's just to fast. I let out an angry growl and I use the table to try and stand

Pain shoots up and down my ribs and my vision goes black at the edges. This only makes me angrier and I push myself all the way up. I lift my arm, which sends more unbreable pain through my entire torso.

I smack the back of his head and he let's go of the fork, surprised. I set myself down in the chair before I speak.

"That teaches you for eating my god damn cake!" I say as I pick up the fork and take a bite.

The cake is moist and crumbles in my mouth. The jam and chocolate send my tastebuds over the edge. I take another bite excitedly and I savor it. I am soon just shoveling the food into my mouth, like a wild animal.

"Holy crap, that was freaking delicious!" I exclaim after I swallow my last bite.

Sebastian just looks at me with disdain on his face.

"You should get cleaned up before tea with the young master." He says.

He grabs a napkin and starts rubbing at my face. I take a quick peep and see that there is jam all over the napkin and I feel mad that I didn't eat that to.

I cross my arms and wait for him to be done. Once he is, he bends down and picks me up.

"Where we going?" I ask, even though he probably told me at a point in time.

" I just told you, we are going to tea with Ciel." He says rather rudely.

I just let him carry me, and I kind of feel like dozing off. When we reach the drawing room he opens up the door and Ciel greets us. He is dressed in a cute little suit, kind like a sapphire color.

I see Annabelle in one of the chairs and Jordan is in the other. I smile and do a little wave at them as Sebastian carries me inside and gets me situated in a chair.

I turn my head back to thank him, but he's already gone. I shrug and turn towards my friends and let out a small, happy sigh. I don't know what I would do without these two.

"It has come to my attention that Jack the Ripper my be the Viscount Druitt, furthermore, I will need someone to act as a decoy  so we may observe what happens." Ciel says, breaking my concentration.

" I think Annabelle would be perfect for the job, as she is the only uninjured woman."Ciel states.

All of our heads swivel towards him and we all start to protest at the same time. That is until we hear Annabelle raise her voice above the din and give us her opinion.

"I would be glad to do this for you, although I don't think Finny will like this." She says looking worried.

"Have no fear, for we will dress him up and take him with us." Sebastian says.

I turn my head to him, wondering when he got in. He sets down tea for all of us and he goes and stands by the door.

He catches my eye and gives me a little wink. I blush and turn my head away.

I can't wait for the party.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry that I've been such a brat and I haven't updated in 5 ever, but have no fear , because I will start updating more . Good morning / After noon/Night

Love,

Me :p