Chapter 34: Wei Di

This man was the cousin of the villain, Wei Di. He was the son of the Emperor (Grandfather of the villain) and was a half brother to the previous emperor.

There had been a few disputes between the previous Emperor Xian and King Wu.

The previous Emperor was the Emperor's (Grandpa's) son but King Wu was the son of his favorite concubine. Hence King Wu, became the emperor's(Grandfather of the villain), favorite son.

The previous emperor's position as the legitimate prince became embarrassing. Although it was just and proper, King Wu had had his sights on the position of the crown prince.

In front of the emperor, King Wu would show his obedient manners and a sweet mouth but behind the scenes, he had another face, which was very unpopular. As the emperor's son, the previous emperor, held a very important position in front of the ministers.

Because of all the officials of civil and military affairs, the emperor dared not tear his facade open before them in an open and aboveboard manner, breaking the rules and setting up his favorite son to be the crown prince.

However, the emperor (grandpa of the villain), who was both the emperor and a father, behaved like this. King Wu had planted the seeds for seizing the throne early in his heart. He had already regarded that position as a thing in his pocket, but he didn't pay much attention to his eldest brother.

Things were thrown back and forth, and when somebody asked an explanation from the emperor, he would just avoid the question and would drive the crane to the west until he was too old to bear the cold. He was so confused that he asked the eunuch to draft an order to directly kick out his own crown prince and set up King Wu to succeed him.

The old eunuch knew the seriousness of the incident, and risked his head and informed several important officials of the court, hence he stopped the farce in time.

The emperor died, but he couldn't make King Wu the crown prince even on his deathbed. King Wu watched his brother become the emperor. After their father died, he ascended to the supreme position in the world with the support of the courtiers.

Since then, King Wu's small movements have continued. The previous emperor didn't touch him giving a face to his late father, but he also deprived him of all his rights and only gave him the chance to be an idle prince.

When King Wu's son came after his rebirth, he thought of his father's depression over the years and all kinds of things that happened in his previous life. He thought that he would take the throne back. It belonged to his father and his family. Why did he give it to the Wei family?

They were supposed to be the owners.

When the system recalled this, the trouble looming over their heads and there were just a few months left before the male lead was reborn. It had no idea how the villain was provoked into killing him off in the first place.

In the original plot, the male lead knew all kinds of things from his previous life and knew his cousin emperor's weaknesses and preferences, so he carefully arranged a game for him.

Although the emperor was callous and merciless, it seemed that this worldly thing didn't have any effect on the omnipotent him, but he was a person and had weaknesses.

When he was young, he had almost become the cannon fodder of the machinations in the Imperial Palace. The only reason he escaped alive was because of his mother's help. He was almost burnt down by fire because of some imperial concubine's strategy.

It was a very lucky result that only his vocal cord was burned. All the children from the palace were transferred. He alone was trapped in the fire, in the room alone. He was trapped for a long time before he escaped by himself, but he also suffered from a fear of fire.