Run or Die (short story)

hey this is my first story ever n i hope u like it. please vote and comment (even if it is criticism) !!!!!

love, live, life

=)

................................................

It was time. I couldn't believe it. I was about to enter the great, indestructible, Titanic. April 12th 1912 was a day I would never forget. Arriving on the stunning ship was out of this world. The sun was out and the warm sun rays made the mood of everyone aboard and around the ship brighten up and feel even more ecstatic about the day. People shouted their goodbyes, some women were even crying.

I saw the steerage passengers getting on the ship. They looked more eager than some of the first class passengers. It was obvious that the steerage passengers had more fun on boat rides, because everyone was so relaxed and laidback, meanwhile the first class passengers where boring and stiff and all they cared about was posture and the right kind of teacup. I heard a cry of a little boy about 6 years old. He was dragging his mother in the opposite direction of the ship. The poor little boy was scared. I think he just wanted to go home, because the ship did look big and intimidating. When I looked over the side it looked beautiful, I felt that I had climbed Mount Everest, it made me proud to be boarding this ship.

The smell was amazing. I could smell so many different things at once. The smell of the expensive perfume of the upper class passengers was mixed together with the musky, down to earth body odours of the lower class passengers. It made me feel a bit sick because of the mixture of odours, but the smell of freshly baked bread made me feel hungry. The scent was mouth-watering; I could almost feel the bread on my tongue. I closed my mouth, savoring the scent. 

The Titanic was the most magical thing I have ever seen. It looked like a huge mountain in the sea. However it was more like a black ice berg later. We looked like ants invading a picnic basket. It was huge. The ship looked like it had been polished for ages; the sunrays were gleaming off the sides, nearly blinding me with their intensity.

My emotions where running in all directions. My heart was pounding in excitement. It was the first time I had stepped into a ship, to be on the biggest ship ever made was unthinkable for me. However I put my nerves aside and entered the dining room.

It was magnificent, with the gold chairs which looked like real gold. The white table clothes, china plates and silver cutlery reminded me of home.

And then I saw the most striking thing ever: it made the room look outstanding. It was the center of attention. Whenever someone walked into the room the first thing they would look at would be the chandelier. It had thousands of little teardrop glass pieces. I couldn't wait to go and see my room.

                     *                                             *                                              *

 I can't believe it. I got a place in Yale University. It was amazing whenever someone asked what I'm doing I would say I'm going to go study in Yale university.  Two days on this fantast ship and everything was going better than I thought. It's like god can't even destroy this mountain in the water. It was a party every night in our dazzling dresses. Walking down the red velvet carpet made me feel like I was a million dollar bill and a banquet that could feed the whole world with the smell of expensive fragrances smelt like heaven. I went outside to see the wave's crash with ship but when I did the water was still as statue however it was freezing and I was wearing a strapless dress so I went back inside to my cabin and fell asleep after a long splendid day.    

                     *                                             *                                              *

I wake up and see that my bed is moving slowly inch by inch to the side, as if someone is holding one of the sides of my bed and lifting it. I step out of my bed and look around and see that the flowers on the dressing table have fallen onto the floor. I quickly run over and pick them up. I hear someone crying and I step out of the room and see my maid, Flora. Her eyes and cheeks are bright red, I ask her what the matter is and she says that the ship is sinking and we've got to get off the ship now. I turn around and got to my room stunned.

"I can't die this young! I've got my whole life in front."

My heart starts beating quick and fast, I run over to my dresser and grab my precious locket that mama and papa gave me for my 16th birthday. I go back into the living room and tell Flora to lead the way out of the cabin rooms. We go out to the hallway and see all the passengers of the Ivory cabin rushing out of their rooms and trying to escape through the great mahogany doors. I turn around and see the carpet wet. My hearts starts beating fast, to a point where it's unhealthy. I close my eyes and pray that we all survive and that this is all a bad practical joke. I hear screams and shouts right at the end of the hallway, then suddenly everyone is trying to run back from the direction were coming from, I lift my eyes and see water rising; I start running and someone pushes me into the wall. I hit my head hard on the lamp I start seeing black everywhere, just as the water hits my skin; I fall to the floor, my face buried into the carpet...