Thirty-Four

Xavier's POV

*a few days later*

It was another busy day at work.
My phone chimed and I looked as it was a message from Callum.

I smiled at my wallpaper.
It was one of many Callum and Danny's pictures that I captured.

This one was by far the cutest. Danny was laying facing a sleeping Callum- sucking his thumb.
As Callum used his bicep like a pillow for the toddler, facing him as he placed his hand on his bottom side, his head tucked in Danny's curly locks.

They were absolutely adorable.

I unlocked my phone which is Danny and Callum's combined birthdays.

I opened the message only to find a bunch of gibberish typing and a few...... poop emojis??.

Must be Danny.

So I called as it rang for the second time and someone picked up.
"Hello?" I said as I hear someone giggle.

"Papa!" I hear Danny giggle making me giggle.

"Hello baby. Did you send papa some poop emojis?" I asked him as he giggles.

"Papa" he says again.

"Yeah baby, its papa. Where's mommy?" I asked as I hear shuffling around and the phone falling.

"Danny?there you are. What's this?" I hear Callum and he picks up the phone,I think.

"Hello?Xavier?" I hear Callum say and my smile widens.

"Hey baby. I was talking to Danny" I told him as I hear giggling in the back assuming it's Danny.

"Danny baby, don't eat your crayons. That's bad. Hello?Xavier?honey,can I call you back later?Danny wants to eat his crayons" he says and I nod but realize he can't see me.

"Yeah sure. I'll call you back later. Love you" I said.

"Love you too. Bye" he says and cuts the call.

I place the phone down and froze when I realized something.

Holy shit!!!

I said the L word. While that's not a problem at all, he said it back.
Did he mean it?or was it in the moment??

The door opens and I glance to the door seeing my PA.

"Sir, Mr Coltonov wishes to see you right now" I nodded giving the go as Lucion shows up.
His hair is entirely bleached stylish white and in a sexy school bad boy haircut.

His muscles are flexing under that armani suit, which was missing a tie, and a few top buttons unbuttoned.

"We need to talk" he says and I put the computer to sleep.

I stand up and walk over to the couch when he grabs me slamming me against the wall.

" what the fuck is the meaning of this?" He growls,his hot minty breath fanning my face as he holds out his phone at a picture of me and......Alina Souvenir.
She's a supermodel.

The picture showed me kissing her cheek as she blushed in the picture.

"It's not what it looks like. She asked me for help" I told him as he punched my face.
I crashed into the pot plant table as it crashed.
"Fuck!" I cussed as I got up.

"S-stop. Its not what it looks like. She asked me for help" I managed to say before he kicked me in the stomach and I coughed up blood.

"Clearly" he says grabbing me by the collar and I punched his face.

"Shit I'm sorry" I said as he got back up. I tried to help him but he delivered an uppercut on my jaw as I lost balance and crashed into the book shelf that was stylishly designed for offices.

"Why are you doing this?!are you doing this on purpose to hurt Callum?and Danny?!!" He says basically nailing me to the wall as I shook my head coughing up blood.

Blood dribbled down my nose as he drops me.
"You have a minute to explain before I beat the fuck out of you. Mate or not" he says as he takes a seat by the couch

"She....she called me that night after I took Cal out on a date. Her boyfriend was cheating on her and I went to beat him up cause she's.... She's my cousin.
Then, we met up and she gave me a gift to give to you and Callum" I told him pulling out the box from the pull out cabinet by the book shelf.

It was 2 charm bracelets specifically designed for Callum and Lucion as a gift from me.
It had initials of our mates on them.
On Callum's, it had mine and Lucions initials.
On mine, it had Callum's and his.
And on his, it had mine and Callum's initials.

"I even have the postcard with it wishing us a happy mating life" I said assuring him as he looked at the jewelry boxes before he looked at me.

He grabbed my chin harshly and kissed me but I pushed him away.
He looked hurt as he tried sniffling his nose in my neck but again, I pushed him away.
Something he did in silent apology.

"Just go..." I said not looking at him, holding my almost healed up abdomen.

"Xav...." He says and I hold my hand up stopping him.

"Just go...." He sighed when I refused to accept his apology.
All these past weeks, I'd been lenient with him.
Whenever he'd do something wrong, even though I'd get pissed off at some point, I'd let it go, forcing myself to be submissive to him.

And for a while it worked our. But I'm kinda fed up.

Deciding I'm going to give him the silent treatment, is what's best for now.

I ordered at the Souvenirs jewelry shop- for 3 charms in the shape of a small bear cub made from amethyst stone.

A symbol for Danny.

I groaned as I heaved a heavy sigh taking off my shirt.

An ugly bruise had taken over half of my six pac abs, all over my side and on my rib side.
I hissed feeling the misplaced rib as I breathed heavily.

I got some ice from the alcohol ice which I wrapped it in my shirt and placed it against my bruise.

Fuck!this shit hurts.