~8~

AURORA ODINSDOTTIR

Steve began running towards the bank, while I attempted to run beside him, but I struggled to keep up.

He noticed my issue, and quickly stopped, taking my hand and running a little bit slower until we reached the outside of the building.

I looked through the windows, and saw dozens of citizens cowering on the floor, uncertain of their fates while three Chitauri soldiers pointed their guns at them.

I heard the beep of a bomb, and Steve jumped into action, diving through the window and throwing his shield at the bomber.

The other two soldiers raised their guns to shoot at Steve, he reacted, ducking behind a desk and promptly kicking it towards them, getting a soldier in a headlock.

The beeping continued, so I ran inside, grabbed the pinned soldier, turning him to stone, and I looked at the citizens with a panicked expression.

"Clear out! Go!" I yelled, and they clamore and rushed out the building while one of the remaining soldiers attacked Steve, ripping off his helmet.

I ran towards Steve, turning the Chitauri attacking him to stone, and Steve turned to me.

"The bomb is gonna go off!" He yelled, and quickly grabbed my waist, wrapping his hand tightly around it while I held onto his shoulders.

The bomb went off, and the blast sent us flying out of the window, but Steve used his shield as a cushion of sorts, landing us onto a nearby car with a thud.

I groaned in pain, pushing myself off of Steve and climbing off the car.

"You okay?" I asked, giving him my hand and pulling him off the hood while he groaned a little.

"Yeah, you?"

"I think so." I responded, and noticed a firetruck pull up, aiding the civilians who were alive.

"Come on, Aurora." Steve said, taking my hand and running towards where we saw the others last.

Thor was the only one there, throwing Mjolnir at a soldier and completely destroying it.

"Where have you two been?" Thor asked, protection in his tone.

"Helping civilians, brother. Where else?" I asked, turning a Chitauri to stone as Steve threw his shield at one.

Thor ran over to a broken car, and swung Mjolnir, flipping the car over on its side, crushing a row of soldiers. 

"You ready for another wave?" Thor asked, turning to us, and Steve chuckled.

"What? You gettin' sleepy?"

"I can close it! Can anybody hear me? I can shut the portal down!" Natasha voice came through my earpiece, and I beamed at my brother and Steve.

"Do it!" I exclaimed, but Tony interrupted.

"No, wait!"

"Stark, these things are still coming!"

"I got a nuke coming in, it's gonna blow in less than a minute." Tony responded, making me gasp, but before I could ask, he spoke again.

"And I know just where to put it."

Tony began flying with a large missile in his hands, straight towards the portal, and Steve looked up with me.

"Stark, you know that's a one way trip?"

Tony didn't respond, instead gaining speed and flying through the portal, our communication dying out.

"He's going to return, right?" I asked, looking at Thor, but he shrugged at me.