Chapter 15

It has been a month since the dance and word had gotten around that Oscar and Elizabeth were dating within the community so they were able to show a little PDA around certain places, the bodega being one of them. Olivia had moved back to Texas because her parents were able to come back and she didn't want to be in Freeridge anymore causing Ruby to be in a funk so Mario called Elizabeth to see if she could come with him to the bodega.

Elizabeth went to the bodega to see Mario just arriving so she went up to him and they both gathered all of Ruby's favorite snacks, but didn't see the cholo that was getting a couple beers. Mario and Elizabeth poured out the contents in their basket while Oscar put down his beers so they turned and Mario and Oscar did their man hug.

"Que onda, compa?" Oscar smirked.

"What's up, man? How are you?" Mario smiled

"Heard the good news. Congrats, Papa," Oscar smirked, pulling Elizabeth in with a hug with one arm and a kiss to the cheek, "hola, hermosa,"

"Thanks, man." Mario looked down at the treats,

"Hola, handsome," Elizabeth giggled, running her thumb across his cheek.

Oscar looked at the sweets, "baby mama cravings? Wait," Oscar pulled a Reese's, "Elizabeth cravings,"

Elizabeth slapped his chest, "shut the fuck up, estupido. I'm gonna tell ma that you're being mean and these are for Ruby, Reese's are mine,"

"She loves me more than you though," Oscar laughed, "turn it up,"

The cashier turned up the radio, "The LAPD is asking for the public's help in identifying the suspects who are still at large,"

"So how's little man?" Oscar asked.

"You know, he's been better," Mario nodded.

"He's been through it," Oscar agreed.

"Yeah, man. Uh, I never seen him like this before. Been monitoring him and nothing will get him out of bed," Mario crossed his arms.

Oscar turned his head to look at Mario with a smirk, "Nothing?"

Now the trio were back at Geny's house and in Ruby's room so Elizabeth laid on top of Ruby as Oscar leaned over his blanket covered body, pulling it away. Ruby groaned at Elizabeth's body laying on top of him, thinking it was Mario. "Mario, I just wanna sleep," Ruby covered his body again, but Oscar pulled it off again.

Ruby pulled up his face mask to see Oscar, "wakey wakey, biatch," Ruby hurriedly sat up and on the edge of the bed, next to Oscar as Elizabeth continued to lay there, holding a stuffed animal close to her as she closed her eyes.

"You got a lot of furry friends," Oscar held two in his hands.

"They're the twins," Ruby grumbled.

Oscar turned to him to look at him weirdly, "you named them?" Elizabeth chuckled at the thought of Ruby naming stuffed animals.

"No. That's my brother and..." Ruby sighed, "it doesn't matter," he laid down next to Elizabeth and she held Ruby.

Oscar put the toys down and stood up, "get up. We're going to a party,"

"I'm not in a celebratory move," Ruby turned around.

There was a silence that took over until Oscar spoke again, "I've lost people too,"

Ruby turned to Oscar, "then you should know how I feel,"

"Yup. So, let's go," Oscar said as Elizabeth got up and patted Ruby on his chest, "c'mon, Rubes. Let's go and distract yourself from Olivia leaving,"