Chapter 2: Meeting Nepgear

Mulai dari awal

"That's alright, I understand. Also, please, don't be so loud. Not only is it rude to my tenants, but loud sounds also tend to scare poor Nepgear."

"Oh, yeah. I've got quite the vocal cords. But I'll keep quiet, don't worry."

"Quite the vocal cords. That's an understatement."

"Hey, what did you mean by that!?" Uzume said in a mock offended tone.

"So, anyway, I know you plan to tour the... 'dimension', but again, I assume you're planning on staying?" Merci asked.

"Well, with a surprise like this, I'd think we'd stay for at least a bit," Uzume said. "I mean... there's a little Gearsy!" Uzume stopped herself at that. "Little Gearsy... little... Lil' Gearsy! That's what I'll call her!"

"Okay then. Anyways, we should get you someplace to sleep," Merci informed them, "I have a guest room you and Umio can stay in, as for Neptune..." she sighed. "...I'm sorry, after a while, I decided to move your stuff out of your room."

Looking around, outside of the bookcase, Neptune did see that none of her old things were in there, not even her bed. Instead, there was a smaller bed (definitely for Nepgear), a nightstand, and a box of toys. In her closet, she could see that her old clothes (not that any of them would fit her anymore) were replaced with little kid's clothing.

"I still have it all, don't worry, and we can move some of it back in here," Neptune's mom said, "But we'll need to rearrange some stuff in here to make them fit. You don't mind sharing a room with Nepgear, do you?"

"Of course not, anything to hang out with my adorable little sister!" Neptune replied, hugging the little Nepgear again.

Nepgear looked up at her big sister. She had a shy expression first, but then gave her a big, happy smile, causing Neptune to squee in delight.

Uzume, trying to move things along, if only to simply avoid letting herself have another outburst, said, "so, I could help with the furniture. I know Nepsy probably really wants to hang with Lil' Gearsy, and I don't mind helping. I'm pretty strong."

"Hm, very well," Merci responded, "but you will be helping out later, correct, Neptune?"

Neptune sighed. "Yes, mom... Now, come here, you," as the older girl squeezed her sister again.

Leaving Merci's daughters to their playtime, Merci led Uzume and Umio to the storage room, where Neptune's old bed and such were, well, stored.

"So," Umio spoke up, hoping to start some new conversion, "are you married? Neptune and Nepgear do have a father, yes?"

"Yes, I was married but we got divorced a long time ago," Merci replied. "Neptune was really young when we separated, I bet she doesn't even remember who he was. Not that it matters, he was just some deadbeat, anyways. Probably went off to Leanbox, to do who knows what."

"So, wait... What about Nepgear?" Uzume asked.

"Well," Merci sighed. "I've had so many boyfriends, I don't know which one would be her father..."

Uzume and Umio got sweat drops from the... implications of what their host just said. "...So, they're more like half-sisters..." Umio finally replied.

"Well, none of that matters," Merci exclaimed, "I love my daughters more than anything in the world. And I'm so happy that Neptune has rejoined our little family. And of course, you are welcome here anytime, as well."

"Thanks," Uzume replied. "So, you mentioned that you met with the CPU here in this Planeptune, right? What was she like?"

"Oh, well, she was pretty relaxed, a slow speaker. When I came to her asking about Neptune, she simply said that she was fine, but wasn't exactly sure where she was, just saying she was home. It was very frustrating, but well... at least she seemed caring."