Percy Jackson: The Adult Life

I feel like I shouldn't have to put this note, but I will: I wrote this story when I was eleven. If you find it too immature or not detailed enough, stop reading it. The sequel, Destiny Jackson, was written from age 12 to 13. You will most likely find it a bit more to your taste. Just please don't judge me as an author off of my old stories. You will find that everyone changes and grows in skill and in life :) 

"Percy, can you pass me the box of cookies?" Annabeth asked Percy, er, my dad, er... my dad, Percy? 

He nodded and threw them across the room.  

"Thanks for hitting me in the face, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth, my mom, told him.  

"Welcome." he smiled.  

"So.... I have something to tell you." She smiled, looking at Percy's mysterious ocean blue eyes.  

"Yes?" Percy asked, seeming amused that Annabeth wanted to tell him something.  

"Well, I...We...Me... I'm pregnant!" Annabeth exclaimed.

Wow, Mom. You know how to make everyone freak out. Dad was happy. But would I be a demigod? Everyone wanted To know.  

"Mom, Dad, Paul.." Percy started 

"Dad, Mom, Mom..." Annabeth started. (she got used to her stepmom and started calling her mom, the other mom is for Athena)

"We have something special to tell you guys. Percy and I are expecting." Annabeth told them. 

The look on their faces was hysterical. They were all open mouthed. Poseidon spoke first.  

"So, what is the baby going to be?" he asked.  

"We're not sure." Annabeth told him. "What do you think, Mom?" she asked, directing it towards Athena.  

"For a child to be a demigod, one parent has to be a god." She told us. "Your child could be quarter-god and half-demigod, but not full demigod." 

Percy's mom spoke next. "I know it's kind of early, but Annabeth, can I help you with the shower?" 

"Of course." was her answer.  

Percy spoke again. "Mom, you can bring Carolyn in and tell her, and Mr. and Mrs. Chase, you can tell your children when you get home." We waved to them, and all of our guests left but Paul, Mrs. Blofis, Poseidon, and Carolyn.  

Poseidon told us best wishes and went on his way. And by that, I mean popped out if the room. Carolyn, Percy's mom's and Paul's daughter, looked at us with eager eyes. She was twelve, the same age Percy was when he first went to camp.  

"I'm pregnant." Annabeth blurted out.  

"Cool." she told us. Lowering her voice like it was a big secret, she whispered," Is the baby going to be a demigod?" 

"No." Percy replied. "Just a plain baby, like you." He smiled.

Annabeth decided to have her old camp friends over to see how they were doing and tell them about me. :)  

"Hey, Annabeth." Greeted Thalia.  

"Yes, hi." mimicked her half-sister Madisyn (a daughter of Athena) 

Another old friend, Erin, walked in, too.  

"So, how are you guys?" asked Annabeth.  

"I'm great." Erin stated. "When Diyonsus quits, er, is released from camp in a few years, I'll be in charge." 

"That's great!" exclaimed Madisyn. "You can get to know the kids, say their names right, teach them hero training, make sure they get claimed, and everything in-between. You should make sure they have enough training to be smart, like Athena would want." After seeing their bewildered faces, she added," Sorry. I'm nervous. I'm...expecting."  

Thalia and Erin gaped. "That's wonderful." Thalia told her. "I love being with babies, since I can't have one." Of course, this seemed weird coming out of the mouth of a girl that looked sixteen, but Thalia never aged. "Things are busy with the huntresses, but there is nothing major." she added.  

"What's new with you, Annabeth?" Erin asked.  

"I'm pregnant, also." Annabeth told them. Erin rushed over and gave her a big hug.  

"This is so exciting!" Erin told her. "You and Madisyn can have a double baby shower! Where should we have it?" she asked the group. Just then, Percy walked in, carrying a big box. He smiled at them and kept walking into their spare room, which was now the baby room.  

"Hey Percy!" Thalia ran over and gave him a big hug.  

"Thalia!" Percy exclaimed, returning the hug.  

"Perce, we were just talking about the baby shower." Annabeth grinned. "Wanna join?" she asked.  

"Sorry, An, I would, but Tyson, Grover, Nico, and I are going to go to that new fighting complex in times square." He smiled. "You could have the baby shower there."  

The girls laughed, and Erin spoke up. "You should have it on Olympus. " she told Annabeth.  

"I don't think we would be allowed to." Annabeth responded.  

"Would we?" Madisyn pondered. "It would be amazing. Lets ask Mom. She'll know." 

Later that night, Percy came home, sweaty and hungry. Annabeth's friends had left, and she was sitting on their couch, reading "Athena's Guide To Staying Smart". Percy showered, then walked to the stove. 

"What would you like for dinner?" he asked Annabeth.  

"I don't care, honey? As long as it's good." she laughed.  

They ended up having spaghetti, but that's not important. What was is what came after dinner.  

"Guess what?" Poseidon sent us a gift today. Percy told her.  

"Really?" Annabeth brightened. "That's what you were carrying." 

They walked to the baby room and Annabeth saw the big OPS (Olympus Postal Service) box on the floor.  

"Let's open it, Perce."  

He took a knife and cut the tape off of the edges. Annabeth lifted up the flaps and peered inside.  

"A cradle?" she asked. "It's beautiful." Percy lifted it out and placed in a corner of the room. It was made of sea-foam colored marble, that was carved with small images of Annabeth and Percy fighting in the Titan war when they were kids. There were plush horses hanging from the top, and the interior was so cushy that they were sure the baby would love it.  

"This is amazing." Annabeth told him.  

"I know. Wow." he told her.