𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈

Start from the beginning

Kihyun shook his head as he hummed, telling the black-haired male that he was wrong.

"Yes and no. I think the demon didn't create another gift to deceive us, I'm starting to suppose that she didn't even care about us."

That answer puzzled everyone in the room, except of course for Kihyun, who seemed to be the only one to know what happened that evening. Was their silence that convinced the blonde male to give more explanations.

"According to what you have told me, the demon said to Jieun that she had to find a way to kill her without her noticing, which it brings me to the conclusion that the pills were connected to Jieun."

The interested girl gasped and covered her mouth with her hand, her fingers trembled as her brain finally came to the conclusion.

"It means that she was the one who gave me those pills and not Yeosang. She was slowly killing me. But, how come am I still alive? I took all of them."

Yeosang snapped out of his trance as soon as he heard his name gracefully slipping out of the girl's lips. While analyzing and storing carefully what she had just said, oh his brain began playing the images of when he set the package with the pills inside on fire.

"You're still alive because we banished the demon. If we had waited, you would've died."

Kihyun nodded.

"I think the demon was jealous of you, Jieun. Yeosang's feelings never changed, not even when she appeared and told him to use her. He was never really interested in the demon, to begin with, and the fake Jieun immediately understood it. So, she decided to get rid of you, hoping that Yeosang would focus on her and carry out her mission."

Jieun's heart skipped a beat when she heard about Yeosang's feelings. The latter, instead, flushed and attempted to hide it by coughing. The girl surprisingly managed to hide an embarrassed yet grateful giggle and ran her hand through her hair.

"Which means that, as the book pages were related to Yeosang's life, so were the pills. Each of them represented your days left to live."

Explained Kihyun. Joo-Hyuk, then, participated.

"So, Jieun's life was connected to the pills and the book?"

Kihyun bit his lower lip, that question took him off guard. If the girl was connected both from the book and the pills, she would've already been dead, by now.

"It depends. Jieun, do you remember when you received them?"

The blonde male asked. The frown the girl had in her eyebrows deepened as her brain started working more rapidly to give Kihyun a reply.

She scratched her temple, flinching right after having touched a small scratch from above the bandages. Then, a light bulb turned on in her mind and she snapped her fingers.

"Yes! It was when Yeosang and I had lunch together. I got them the same night and with a ticket with the phrase take one of these every day, you'll feel better soon, Kang Yeosang written on it. That's why I thought he was the one who gave me those."

She said, the frames of that night still fresh in her mind as if she was living it a second time, this time, aware of what would've happened in the next weeks. Kihyun replied and Yeosang found amusing how the male had almost taken the position of a teacher. And an idea flashed in his mind.

"The demon knew that you would've never taken them if you didn't have the sender's name. In the end, I think that Jieun's life was connected to both of the gifts, which means that Yeosang, by plucking out the pages, was... Partly killing her and Jieun was taking her own life."