Chapter 1

"So, Chi-Chi, are you enjoying your first day so far?" Bulma asked.

Chi-Chi was a new student that had just transferred to West City High School. Their teacher had asked Bulma to show Chi-Chi around.

Bulma thought Chi-Chi was actually quite pretty. She had big, obsidian eyes, fair skin, and long, silky black hair that was pulled back into a low ponytail, save for her bangs and a few wisps that lay on her shoulders.

"Are you enjoying yourself so far, Chi-Chi?" Bulma asked again.

Chi-Chi smiled and nodded.

"Yes, Bulma, I am", she said. "Thank you for showing me around, it was really sweet of you."

"Hi, Bulma," a girl's voice called out.

Chi-Chi and Bulma both turned to see a girl with chin-length platinum blonde hair, ice blue eyes, and pale skin walk toward them and sit down next to Bulma. She wore a pair of blue skinny jeans, black sneakers, and a black and white striped T-shirt. Black fingerless gloves, a gold bracelet, a pair of golden hoop earrings, and a gold chain around her neck completed the look.

"Hi, 18", Bulma greeted the newcomer.

"18?" Chi-Chi looked confused. "That's your name?"

"Everyone calls me 18," the fair-haired girl said nonchalantly.

"Why does everybody call you 18?" Chi-Chi inquired.

"She doesn't like her real name", Bulma explained.

"What's your real name?" Chi-Chi questioned.

A sour look crossed 18's face.

"Bulma, you tell her, I can't speak that word", she growled.

"Well her name's-", Bulma started.

"Don't say it, write it down", 18 interrupted, handing Bulma a pen and a piece of paper.

Chi-Chi looked confused as Bulma put down the pen and handed her the paper. A single word was written on the paper: Penelope.

"What's wrong with that name?" she asked 18. "I think Pen-",

"Say it and I'll smack you", 18 snapped.

"That name is kinda cute", Chi-Chi answered quickly.

"I don't do cute", 18 growled.

"Anyway", Bulma said, hastily changing the subject. "Chi-Chi, have you seen any guys here you think are cute?"

Chi-Chi thought for a moment.

"Well, there was this one guy", she said, blushing slightly. "He's in my History class...Hey! There he is now with his friends!"

Bulma and 18 turned to see three black-haired guys come into the cafeteria. The first one had hair that stood upward like a spiky flame. The second had a long, spiky ponytail that ended just past his knees, and the third had unkempt hair that was in an array of short, messy spikes that stuck out on both sides of his head. All three also had what looked like furry belts wrapped around their waists.

"That's him, right there!" Chi-Chi squealed, pointing at the trio.

18's eyes widened.

"Uh, Chi-Chi", Bulma said nervously. "What was the guy's name?"

"The teacher said it was Son Goku or something like that", Chi-Chi answered. "Why?"

18 and Bulma both sighed in relief.

"Because", 18 answered. "That guy with his hair sticking up, that's Vegeta".

"He has a girlfriend with a fierce temper", Bulma added. "A VERY fierce temper."