His Final Resolve

'Yes, My Prince! With pleasure!' the oldest chauffeur says with a happy smile, though his fearful eyes betray him. He quickly turns away from the prince and urges all the travellers to get back in the carriage so he can lead the daunting Prince V to Prince Hobi's land. Most of the travellers are uncertain where to fix their eyes on, fearing they may get snapped at if they are found gaping at the prince or his men. With their shoulders hanging, heads drooped low and their voices hushed they hop onto the carriage and sit obediently. Of course, they were travelling further away from the Kingdom of the Eternal Sun, but with the Prince's unexpected arrival none of them find the courage to reject this backwards trip anymore. 

Jungkook's muscles are tense. He's nervous enough to feel a few sweatdrops drips down his temples. The blanket that covers his face and shoulders feels awfully hot and he has trouble breathing in the fresh air. His hand, firmly gripping Yoongi's shirt, seems unable to unclench and let go. Luckily, his wise friend is quick to read the situation and understand that this prince isn't someone you'd raise your voice against, despite having just seen him.

'Come on, we have no choice but to get back in,' he whispers as he leads Jungkook to the carriage. 

The other makes sure he's as close to Yoongi as possible as he expresses his concern. 'But we're leading him directly to Jin and Jimin..! We need to do something...'

Yoongi shoots a surprised glance his way though the younger can't notice the dumbfounded look in his eyes beneath his cover. 

'Really? That's what you're worried about?' 

Amazed at the hunter's caring nature, the older male can't help but look in awe. 

This kid... I thought he was worried for himself, but instead he's thinking of the safety of his friends... Jeez...

'Obviously I'm worried for myself, too. I failed to do what he ordered me to, after all..' Jungkook whispers as he hops on and scoots over on the wooden trailer to make place for his friend.

'Sorry for that', he says once he's seated and has let go of the other's shirt. 'If we don't do something, we'll bring everyone in danger.'

'You need to relax,' Yoongi reassures him as he tries to smoothen the part of his clothes wrinkled by Jungkook's sweaty fist. 'Your nervousness is making me nervous too. Besides, we're surrounded by his men everywhere-'

'So!' the hunter bites back stubbornly. 'I won't allow my friends to end up dead or in prison. There has to be something we can do, you're just making up excuses!'

The carriage wobbles a bit as it traverses the uneven road back to the kingdom it just left. A few of V's riders are positioned next to the carriage and the Prince follows behind them.

'We are literally defenseless right now!' his friend agitatedly responds, slamming a fist on Jungkook's thigh to shut him up. 'Just sit and behave, there is nothing we can do.'  

His order is met with an annoyed huff from beneath the blanket. 

Having observed as much as he can, Yoongi leans to Jungkook's covered ear and whispers: 'Look, he's right behind us, to our left. If you create a ruckus now, who knows what he'll do. You thinks he gonna send a warning shot? What will you do if your reckless, idiotic behavior gets an innocent bystander killed?'

Jungkook stubbornly turns his head away, the edges of the blanket trembling at the movement.

'...Fine. I just wanted to be helpful, though...'

'Can't you text Jimin?' Yoongi asks as he delicately taps a finger on the pocket of his jeans, indicating his phone is there.

'Poor connection here...' Jungkook replies in a hushed tone, and neither of the two know what to do next.