Quick

Erics POV.
I woke up drowsily, as I felt Riley shift a bit. I closed my eyes, acting like I was asleep as she lay still for quite a while. Then, she went back in the covers and started drawing shapes on my back. It was kind of cute. Cute? Did I just say that? She was so cute and so innocent compared to me. She hugged me, her arms on my chest. I laid still for a few seconds, I wanted to freeze this moment but I had Jeanine's meeting.
"Morning." I said, a bit disappointed we couldn't stay in the bed longer.
She voiced my thoughts a second later.
"Mm, I don't want to get up. I like it here with you." She said, her voice muffled in my back.
I turned around so that I could see her. "I do too, but I've got a meeting soon with Max."
She groaned as she got out of the sofa and pulled her clothes on. Last night was good. She pulled her shirt on fast.
"What?" I complained. "I liked you better like that."
She shook my head. "You've got an important meeting. You better go before you get late, m'kay?"
I got up drowsily. We better go before anyone catches us here.
"Lets go to my apartment where we can change." I told her.
She nodded in agreement as I led her down the stairs into my apartment.
She went into the bathroom after I tossed her a shirt of mine to wear and got ready. I went into the room, and put on my formal gear. I did my hair in the usual way, and shaped it up.
I walked outside, to see her all ready.
She looked hot.
I told her to get going because of her training, and since I had a really important meeting with Jeanine.
"What will we do in training?" Riley asked.
I thought about it. I shouldn't tell her, but whatever. I was the leader. I could do whatever I wanted.
I told her we were doing fear landscapes, and watched her hide her disappointment. This would be hard, but she could do it.
She left quickly after kissing me on the cheek.
I sighed, now it was time for my talk with Jeanine. Trust me, I couldn't wait. I was looking forward to the plans, but now I had Riley. I couldn't harm her. I'd have to find someway to keep her safe which was what I needed to talk to Jeanine about. But what about Four? I couldn't wait for him to be a stupid mindless drone but Riley...This is so complicated.
I quickly got my shoes on, and took the first train to the meeting room.
I met Max first, who was standing there talking to one of Erudite's ministers.

"Ah, there you are. Just in time too- Jeanine's starting" Max started towards the door, while I followed.

We sat down, and Max led the talk about Candor and Amity, and the Divergents. Just as we were about to leave, I excused myself from Max and made my way back to the meeting room.
"Jeanine." I said, alerting her of my presence.
I think she found me a bit intimidating at first, but she regained her composure.
"Eric." She replied. "Could I help you with something?"
I nodded, and made my way into the room.

"Sit." She pointed towards the chair.

I sat down, and leaned forward.
"I need to talk to you about someone I don't want included in the serum protocol. Someone special to me."

Jeanine furrowed her eyebrows. "I understand that you are a leader, but this would disturb our plans. I can't allow something like this to happen especially with the delicacy of the situation at this time."

"One person won't make a difference." I argued.

Jeanine stared at me for some time.
"Does Max know about this?"
"Yes." I lied. Max didn't know, and doing this would kick me off my position for sure. "She's a valuable asset. One we'll need."
"She?" Jeanine raised her eyebrow.
"Yes. I think she'd help us a lot, she would definitely be a huge advantage to have because of her particular skill set."

The Erudite leader nodded her head. "Send me all her files, records, results, everything. I'll complete a scan. If it's clean, nothing will happen to her."
"Thank you for your time." I finished, getting up to leave.
"Have a pleasant day, Eric." She closed the door.

I looked at the time, and grinned. It was 5:00, Riley would be done her training by now.
"Eric, Max is waiting for you." Lauren called out.
I sighed on the inside. I was hoping to see Riley before I went into another long meeting.