Pm3; My Mate.

Ryan:
It was now half 11 and Max still hasn't got off the phone, I was all alone in the front room when I heard the back door opening and footsteps following. Sighing I made my way to the kitchen to see Rory and Owen walking in. They were holding hands which was cute, these two are going to be together-  I decided. Whether I have to play cupid or not.
"Ryan, I thought Max was suppose to be showing you around." Owen said to me, I nodded.
"Same here but he's still on the bloody phone." I said to him crossing my arms in another sigh. Owen shrugged while Rory sighed.
"He needs to stop working," rory said to herself.
"You know he cant help it." Owen answered looking down at her, she just sighed.
"What do you mean?" I asked them, Owen looked at me like he forgot I was there.
"He works because he has nothing else to doo. He doesn't have a mate and when you get to a certain age finding your mate has even less chance." Owen explained to me. I sighed at thiss.
"That's it!" I said to them. "We're going out." I said.
"We?" Owen asked me.
"Yes we. You me, rory and max." I explained, Owen shook his head.
"Cant we have stuff to do." He said to me. I knew he meant pack for tomorrow. They were going to visit Owen's dad. Max didn't tell me much about Owen's past but I know he hasn't seen his dad for more then  a weekend in three years and Im guessing its because of Rory not that she knew that of course.
"I know you need to pack we'll be back in time for you pack." I said to him, looking at him with a stare that Teagan had told me no one could say no too, and that wasn't because its cute. Rory sighed and placed a hand on his chest.
"It wont hurt Owen, Max needs some fun." Rory whispered, Owen looked at her then back at me and sighed in defeat.
"Fine, but you get him off the phone." I nodded and headed to his office.

He was on the phone when I entered- I hadnt bother to knock before I entered. Max looked at me with guilt and mouthed Im sorry, and listened to the phone, I sat on one of the couches for a bit then got bored. I moved closer to the desk.
"I understand that but we need to do something about it Gerald." Max mumbled into the phone. "I see..." He said. I sighed and my eyes narrowed I walked around to Max's other side  and snatched the phone out his hand.
"Hello Gerald is it?" I said into the phone, Max looked at me like I was crazy.
"Yes..." he said with a pause. "Who is it?" he asked me.
"Hi my names Ryan and Im new to the pack. Max agreed to take me out to show me around but he has been on this phone for ages." I looked at Max with a glare. "Do you mind if you and Max continue this tomorrow maybe?"
"I see. That should be fine." Gerald said into the phone. "He's going to have fun right?" He asked me, I smiled.
"Yes he is, whether he wants too or not." I said to him.
"Good." Gerald said, then a bit louder he said "Max Ill ring you tomorrow"
"If you need me ring my mobile" Max said, my eyes narrowed at him.
"Ignore that Gerald." I said into the phone,
"I was going too," he said back, I smiled at that. "Have a good day," he said then.
"You too bye." I said and hung up. Max was staring at me like I had grown an extra head.
"Ready?" I asked him holding out my hand, he sighed and took it.
"It seems like I have no choice." He said me with a small smile.

We met Owen and Rory by the door, Max smiled at them. "You ready?" I asked them, Owen smiled and Rory mumbled a yes.  We decided that each one of them would take me to their favorite places... First off was Owen's. Which turned out to be a greeny area- he said that no one came here because it was too far, he loved to run here. It was nice, we sat down for abit and talked about everything and anything.
Next place was Rory's which was a small library that she found when she first came to the ranch. I smiled at the thought of a younger version.  Rory was currently talking to the lady who owned it who's name was Christine, she was a middle aged. Had red hair cut into a bob. Owen was currently standing behind her, protectively. Christine must have said something funny because Owen was now chuckling wrapping his arms around Rory.
I was looking in the romance section, I may be a sporty emo. Or well I was labelled that back at home.
"Found anything interesting?" a male voice asked, I looked up to see a guy with brown hair cut short. He was cute but had a nose that just a bit big too his face. He ran his hand through hair while his eyes dragged over me.
"A few things." I replied looking away.
"So have i." he said winking at me. I ignored him, hoping he'd go away. "So youre new here. You see Christine is my aunt and I work here everyday after school."
"Cool." I replied, not interested at all.
"The names James, yours?"
"Not interested." I replied to him. He chuckled moving closer.
"That's not very nice. You havent looked at me for more than 10 seconds how do you know youre not interested?" he asked me. I sighed and pulled my eyes away from reading the blub to look at the boy. He was wearing a blue v neck t-shirt which I assumed was suppose to show his chest which wasn't all that impression not after growing up in a pack where strenght is needed. He was also wearing black skinny jeans that did nothing for him.
"Still not interested." I said meeting his eyes then looking away.
"Youre cold." He said, stepping so I could feel his body heat. "I don't mind warming you up." I almost choked on that line.
"She is not interested." Max's voice said from right next to me.
James looked at Max and sighed. "I see you like the older." James said and Max was about to reply when Christine called James over. I turned to Max with a smile.
"Thanks. He was pestering  me." I said to him, Max nodded.
I went back to reading for a bit, when Max spoke. "Ryan" he said, I looked up and saw something in his eyes. "You realise what we are don't you?"
I shook my head slowly. " Ryan youre my mate." He said slowly. Like he didn't believe it.
"Max. Take me to dinner tonight okay? We'll talk?" I said hopefully. He nodded and took a step closer and gently kissed my cheek. It sent a shiver down my back, I turned my head to see his eyes. I slwoly leaned forward waiting for our lips to hit. I understand that it was so soon, but I needed to kiss him.
"You ready to leave?" Rory's voice said interripting us, I saw fear in her eyes. I wasn't sure to why though.