Story Time: Was that a dream?

Once there lived a rich person called Shahzaib. He was a hard working man and had everything and was enjoying his life very well. However, his one bad quality was that he never helped anyone else, whether it was his parents or family members.

One day, one of his friends, Kamran, came to him for help.

"Friend, I need your help because my mother is seriously ill and doctors have demanded two hundred thousand for surgery and you know that I am very poor. Can you please help me by lending me this amount? I will repay you as and when I have money," Kamran requested very desperately.

But Shahzaib did not show any sympathy and said, "Sorry dear, I cannot assist you."

ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER AD

Kamran asked, "Why? Aren't you my friend? You have enough money."

Shahzaib replied, "Yes, I am your friend, but I cannot afford to help you. Whatever money I have, I worked hard to earn it. I have to keep it for my own needs."

Kamran replied, "Don't lie friend, if you don't want to assist me then just say no, but don't lie about not affording to help me."

On listening to this, Shahzaib became very angry. "Yes I don't want to help you and I won't waste my money on your mother. She is your responsibility. Go to someone else or beg," Shahzaib retorted and left the room.

That night, Shahzaib had a dream. He saw that he had become poor and was alone. He had to sleep on footpaths and begged for money to eat. He washed cars and bikes, and earned just a few rupees. His life became a burden for him.

The dream continued with Shahzaib having an accident, being admitted to the hospital and he died because he had no money to pay for the operation he needed.

Shahzaib become so disturbed in his sleep because of the dream that he woke up screaming. His mother quickly came to the room and asked him what was wrong.

"Oh!" Shahzaib got up with an unbelievable expression and realised he had been dreams.

"What happened, son? Why are you so disturbed?" asked his mother.

He looked here and there and answered, "It's nothing, mother. I am fine."

"Okay. Now get ready quickly and come down for breakfast," she told him lovingly.

When Shahzaib sat down for breakfast, he was very quiet and thoughtful.

His father saw him looking disturbed and asked, "What happened to you? You are so silent."

"Father, if we will become poor, who will assist us?" he asked solemnly.

The whole family looked at him and each other with surprise.

"Why are you asking this? Is everything okay?" his mother asked.

Shahzaib replied, "Yes mother, last night I saw a terrible dream." He then narrated it to them and they too were shocked to hear about it.

"Dear, you must help others. This is the meaning of your dream," his father explained.

Shahzaib now realised the grave mistake that he had done when he refused to help his friend Kamran, who was in such a desperate situation the day before.

Without finishing his breakfast, Shahzaib got up and went to look for his friend. He went to the hospital and asked about Kamran's mother and immediately paid for her full treatment. When we turned to leave, he met Kamran, who was surprised to see Shahzaib.

Shahzaib came near Kamran and said, "Sorry dear, for what I said to you yesterday. I was not aware that helping others is the best way to feel happy. Please forgive me."

Kamran was very happy and immediately hugged Shahzaib and thanked him. When Shahzaib left, he was feeling very happy and light-hearted. He had discovered the joy and satisfaction that comes from helping others.