Chapter Nine

Next day morning...

I was brewing some coffee for dad and myself before I could leave for work, all the while my mind was wandering about last night and my first kiss. I know I've waited for a long time, and Ethan just made it perfect. My head began debating if we were taking things too fast, if I have to slow down. Am I doing the right thing? He's had so many women before, will I turn out to be one of them? Yup, all the overthinking got to me, that I hadn't noticed my dad walking towards me.

"Good morning Kiki, why are you frowning? Is everything alright?" Dad inquired.

"Umm, Yes. Everything's fine, I was thinking about going to meet Maze today. It's been so long since we hung out."

"Sounds good, would you like a ride?" Dad smiled.

"Yes please." I grinned placing dad's coffee before him and running to get ready.

Sometimes I just needed some wise advice from Maze in order to clear my mind. So I text her to meet at the cafe that we usually hangout, and luckily she agreed.

....

At the cafe...

"So tell me what's bothering you?" Maisie asked while sipping her water.

"Yeah, so umm.. how do I start?" I wasn't sure how to put in words to explain it to her.

"Kiki, you know I'm not gonna judge you right, just spit it out.. come on."

"Well, Ethan showed up at the bakery yesterday and asked if I'd like to get to know him, and you know if we could hangout and stuff. I denied at first but he kinda had his way with his words and I kind of agreed.... "

"Oh MY God Kiara...." She gave me jaw dropping reaction.

"Wait, that's not it... let me finish before my brain stops working." I interrupted.

"Hmm.." She was all ears.

"And later that night he showed up at home because, I didn't pick up when he called.."

"You idiot, always keep your stupid phone with.." Maze began and I cut her off again.

"I was showering... and please stop interfering Maisie. Let me finish... So yeah he came home and I had to sneak out of the house, since dad and Akira have no clue about this. And he said he came over cause he wanted to see me.... and.... we kissed before he left." I narrated the whole story, waiting for her reaction.

Right now I could feel my cheeks heated up and I watched Maze take a few seconds to let everything I told her sink in.

"I'm so happy for you, Who would have thought you saved your first kiss for Ethan frickin' Lancelan?!" She whisper yelled.

"Oh my god look at my baby all grown up now.. aww." Maisie was rambling.

"Maisie stop." I giggled. She just gave me a wink.

"You know I was wondering if I can trust him so quickly. This is Ethan we're talking about, he could have any woman he prefers. It still makes me wonder what he's got to do with me?" I explained.

"Kiara, sometimes you just have to enjoy the moment rather than overthink it. Ethan likes you babe. You better accept that first." Maze pointed out.

I just nodded my head unsurely.

"Kiki, you are more than good enough for Ethan, you understand? Any man will be happy to call you his!" She further said.

"And then what if I'm just one of them girls he just goes out with and then dumps them?" I asked.

"If the thought bothers you so much. You should talk to him about it Kiara."

"I did... And he said to give him a chance and he'll prove me wrong that he isn't the playboy they portray him to be."

Maze smiled, "Then give him a chance Kiki. Simple."

Fine! I am going give this a try, after all I loved being around him. In a way Ethan made me feel things that no one else made me feel. So I'm gonna put everything behind me and get to know him and see where this goes.