Chapter 10 - Faint Scars

*TRIGGER WARNING: abuse/sexual abuse, self-harm/scars*

Two weeks. It had been two weeks since what happened in that file room with Spencer. You finally had a case that lasted a couple of days, so him not making any advances towards you was understandable. But even for the time in which you didn't have a case, which was about a week and a half, nothing. Did he regret it? He told you back in his car that he wasn't using you and you believed it, but this was a bit strange.

When it was time to head home you watched Spencer as he put on his jacket and messenger bag. You walked over to him, his back to you.

"Hey."

He turned his body to look at you, "Oh, hey," he gave a small smile.

"Do you have any plans tonight?" you rolled onto your tiptoes and back on your heels.

"Not really."

"I was wondering if you wanted to come over to my place. To watch a movie and have a chill night," you just wanted an excuse to hang out with him outside of work. It didn't have to be sexual, you just missed your best friend.

He looked hesitant and you couldn't figure out why. Why did he not want to be around?

"S-sure sounds good," you smiled as he accepted your offer.

"Cool, I'll drive, my car is just around the corner."

...

The car ride to your apartment was pretty quiet, every now and then one of you would bring up something about work and go quiet for another few minutes.

When you got to your apartment you both settled down, taking off your bags and jackets. You changed into a gray sweater and black leggings to be more comfortable.

Plopping onto your couch you patted the empty space next to you, motioning to Spencer to have a seat.

"What are we watching?" he asked as he walked over to you.

"Well I would let you pick but I'd prefer to watch a movie that I understand."

He awkwardly chuckled at your joke.

As you put on a random movie that looked good you couldn't help but notice how different of a person he was during "sex". The way he was right now is the only Spencer you've ever known, cute, shy, a little awkward. But the Spencer you saw two weeks ago was an entirely different person, not that you were complaining.

When he sat down you snuggled up next to him not thinking much of it until he slightly jumped at your touch.

The first half of the movie was fine. At some point, you popped some popcorn for you guys to snack on. Every now and then your hands would touch inside the bowl causing you to look at each other for a second.

You guys watched the screen intently as two characters in the movie had gotten into a heated argument. It was a man and his teenage daughter.

You began to feel sick to your stomach at some of the words that were coming out of his mouth. The daughter tried leaving the house to escape the situation until her father yelled at her to get back in.

"GET THE FUCK BACK INSIDE YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE BITCH!"

Those words caused to you flinch, fear filling your body. Spencer looked down at you with confusion as your eyes squeezed shut and your breathing picked up in response to the bone-chilling and all too familiar sentence.

"You okay?" he asked concerned.

When you noticed how intensely you reacted you nodded with embarrassment. Even though it was clear to him that you were not okay, he looked back up at the screen not wanting to pry.