Chapter 3 - Practicing

"I'm so tired," I say to myself as I let out a yawn. It is currently 7:30AM and we, Team 3 are going to practice today. Our meeting time is at eight in the park. We are going to practice serving, setting, receiving, spikes, and play three on three games to get used to our teamwork.

Currently, I am wearing athletic shorts, a baggy t-shirt, and sneakers. I also have a bag full of water bottles which I am bringing for everyone. Tobio is bringing the volleyballs while Amu and Kaito are bringing food, Yuki is bringing books of volleyball game strategies and Kagera is bringing a medical kit just in case one of us gets hurt. Taking out my phone I start to text in the groupchat.

~Team 3~

(Y/N) : Anyone here yet?

Tobio : Me

Amu : Coming with Kaito!

Kagera : Be there in 5~

Yuki : I'm arriving soon

I put my phone back into my pocket and when I looked up I saw Tobio stretching. Walking over to him I place the bag of water bottles on the ground next to the volleyballs he brought.

"Morning Tobio," I say and sit next to him to stretch.

"Good morning (Y/N)," he returned the greeting as he stretched out his legs. He then looked at me. "You're pretty flexible (Y/N)."

"Yeah, you can thank my brother and his old teammates for that," I reply while doing a split and lean over to reach my leg. "They sometimes forced me to do drills with them, it was a pain since my stamina isn't the best, but I'm glad I did do them."

"What sport does your brother do?" Tobio asked.

"Basketball," I answer and lean into my other leg. "If you read Basketball Monthly you can see him and his old teammates there. They usually are in the magazine every month."

"Really? That's amazing," he said and I grunted. "I'm surprised you don't do any sports."

"Too much work," I laugh out and smile. "Ah look it's Yuki! Yuki over here!"

Soon everyone arrives at the park and we start our training. Tobio is good at everything as expected compared to us, but even so as a volleyball player he still has room to grow. Yuki is decent enough at setting and his serves have good aim due to his precision, but his receives need a lot of work and his spikes aren't the best, but since he is tall he can spike and block. Amu has good positioning so she can receive decently, but due to her wrist injury she has trouble with serving, spiking and setting, her height works against her and jump isn't the best either so she can't block or spike. Kagera is fast so he can get to places fast which makes him good at spiking and ok at setting, his receives are decent while his serves are just terrible, his height and strong jump makes his spikes and blocks good. Kaito has good footwork from soccer so his positioning, speed, and leg strength are good. His height of 6 feet works as an advantage and combined with his high jump he is good at blocking and his spikes are pretty strong, stronger than Kagera's and Yuki's. His serving is decent and his receives are average, however his setting sucks.

Currently we are taking a break from practicing. We were going to play three on three games soon. Drinking from one of the bottles I looked at my phone, it was already 4:23PM. We've been training for hours with only one break that was for eating from the bentos Kaito and Amu brought.

"Hey Tobio," I said and he looked at me while still drinking from a water bottle. "Looking at everyone's weaknesses and stuff, should we make the teams Kaito, Yuki, and I against you, Amu, and Kagera? Then the next round we switch it up."