He didn't break his promise.

"Then I'll start wearing weights too, dattebayo!" Mitsuki glanced back at his best friend, shaking his head fondly.

"Sure. Just make sure not to overdo it." He replied, sealing away his scythe once more. He'll have to practice using it later, preferably before graduation.

"Now come on. I've been meaning to give the teachers' lounge a colorful makeover."

Instantly, Naruto brightened up, a devious grin plastered on his face. He could feel Hyena's amusement and excitement. Was the Anbu a prankster as well?

"Really?"

Mitsuki matched his grin, bringing out the storage scrolls containing his supplies, all of which were indirectly given by Hyena.

"Hell yeah."

================================

Two days later, Mitsuki found two pairs of wrist bands and ankle bands on his desk, a note on top stating that the weights were adjustable.

The fact that he needed to tilt the note to a thirty-degree angle meant that it was from Hyena. Did he really take Naruto's comment seriously?

Two of the wristbands were a bright shade of orange, ditto with one pair of ankle bands; both pairs had the Uzumaki crest printed on them. The other four articles were purple with the Jashin symbol on each of them.

Wow. Hyena probably had all of them custom made. That would have cost a bit more, and those weights were already expensive enough as they are.

The thought that Hyena would go through all this trouble for them, for him, warmed Mitsuki a bit on the inside.

================================

It was a few months later, with the Genin Exams fast approaching. And there was something Mitsuki didn't understand.

If Naruto can do both tree climbing and water walking, why the fuck can't he make a normal bunshin.

"Dammit!" Naruto cursed as his clone (if the washed-out form sprawled beside Naruto can even classify as one) dispersed.

Kiba scratched the back of his head in confusion. "Dude, what the heck is wrong with you?" The rest of Lucky Nine was silently asking the same thing. Naruto grimaced.

"I don't know, dattebayo!"

Sasuke snorted. "Dobe, are you sure you're using the right amount of chakra?"

"Shut it, teme! Of course I am!"

"Hn."

Before Naruto could get riled up with his condescending tone, Mitsuki cleared his throat pointedly.

"Okay, so Naruto can't do the clone jutsu. We can easily work around that."

Ino pursed her lips. "But the Graduation is only a week from now. Do you think Naruto can master the clone jutsu in that short time?"

"Who said anything about mastering the clone jutsu?" Mitsuki smirked as ten pairs of eyes swivelled in his direction curiously, one of them with slight hearts in them. He sauntered over to the riverbank, the sunlight reflecting off of his goggles and Jashin necklace.

He spread his arms around. "Which one of us knows another clone jutsu?"

Sasuke and Sakura shared a glance, before both turned back to their former teammate. Sakura blushed lightly as she did so. Damn this raging hormones. She was twelve for Jashin's sake. Sakura blushed even more as she realized what she just thought of.