Chapter 183

"Hope I'm not interrupting!" Fred and I broke apart as Draco peered inside the classroom, his wand in his hand. "Are you aware that there's a war out there!?"

"Right!" I cleared my throat, getting up to my feet quickly along with Fred and getting out of the classroom, looking around to check if there was anyone in the blasted corridor.

"Okay, so what's the plan?" Draco asked as we started running down the stairs.

"Oh, here's a good plan," Fred started with a grin, "we just go ahead and see what happens and go with the flow."

"The flow?" Draco snapped. "This is a war, Weasley!"

"Boys, can we please focus right now," I said, but then I gasped as I saw a dark masked figure before I us. "Duro!" I shouted and on cue, the tapestry beforehand turned to stone and the Death Eaters crumpled against it.

"We need to find Lupin and Tonks!" I shouted as we dodged a few more curses sent at us, while Fred and Draco blocked them and Stunned the new Death Eaters.

"Lupin and Tonks?" Fred questioned as we reached the second floor. "Why?"

"We need to save them!"

Fred said nothing. He understood what I meant. But by the look on his face, I knew what he was thinking. There was no way we could find two individuals in such a chaos.

"We should spread out!" Draco shouted over the loud sound of screaming downstairs. And so with one last nod at us, he ran along and we lost sight of him.

At the same moment that we got to the first floor, the heavy wooden front doors burst open, and more of the gigantic spiders forced their way into the entrance hall.

"Where's George!?" Fred yelled as we scattered through the entrance hall and outside, where the real battle was taking place.

"I don't — AARGH!" I screamed and jumped out of the way as a Giant ran forward. The creature's vast foot had fallen exactly where we had been standing.

Other than Grawp, there were two other giants fighting on our side as the result of me helping Dumbledore in the Order with my information. But they were no competition compared to the other dozen giants who ran toward the castle from the depths of the Dark Forest.

Screams of terror rent the air. We all scattered as red and green jets of light flew into the midst of the oncoming monsters, which shuddered and reared, more terrifying than ever.

"Draco's right!" I shouted as we kept running, throwing curses at Death Eaters as we went and blocking many. "We need to spread out!"

"Are you mental!?" Fred yelled, using a shielding charm on the way. "I'm not leaving you!"

"We have no choice! Our chances of finding Lupin and Tonks will double if we go separate ways —!"

"GET DOWN!" Fred roared and without thinking, I threw myself on the ground as a blasting curse passed us by.

I grabbed Fred's arm and dragged him away and only let go once we were under a pillar, safe for the time being.

"Fred — we need to — help — the others," I said between my pantings. "We have to find Lupin and Tonks. And we — we need to go and help Sirius and Jenna, because I have no idea what's going to happen to them... if nothing's happened already."

"But I can't leave y —" But I broke him off as I leaned in for a quick kiss. He grinned briefly. "Is that your way of shutting me up?" I chuckled in response.

"I'll be fine." I smiled, backing away from him slowly. "I promise."

And with that, I started running away, hoping that I wasn't too late. Hoping that I could get to Lupin before Dolohov, and help Tonks before she would be killed by Bellatrix.

The night was full of loud yells and blows as the giants wrestled ahead. Dark figures moved out in the darkness, moving in a great wave toward the castle, their faces hooded and their breath rattling.

"Going somewhere?" I heard a crackling laugh behind me and when I turned around, I saw a Death Eater right behind me. There was nowhere to run. Because on my other side another Death Eater had appeared.

My wand was at the ready in my hand, but there was no way I could fight them both off.

But at the exact moment, I heard a shout and the next thing I knew, the other Death Eater was stunned. Turning around, I saw Lee there, with his wand raised.

I smiled to myself as Lee started dueling the first Death Eater. But having an idea, I raised my wand and pointed it at a large stone nearby, making it flow and slamming it into the Death Eater, causing him to get knocked off.

Lee grinned at me. "Nice one!" And with that, he strode off and I soon lost sight of him.

     With a roar and an earth-quaking tremor, another giant came lurching out of the darkness from the direction of the forest, brandishing a club taller than any of them.

I ran on trying to find everybody else, in hopes of helping them. I don't know how long I was going, but my heart sank as Voldemort's voice reverberated from the walls and floor.

"You have fought," said the high, cold voice, "valiantly. Lord Voldemort knows how to value bravery. Yet you have sustained heavy losses. If you continue to resist me, you will all die, one by one. I do not wish this to happen. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a loss and a waste."

Everyone had stopped fighting. They had all lowered their arms, listening.

"Lord Voldemort is merciful. I command my forces to retreat immediately. You have one hour. Dispose of your dead with dignity. Treat your injured."

"I speak now, Harry Potter, directly to you," Voldemort's voice went on. "You have permitted your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself. I shall wait for one hour in the Forbidden Forest. If, at the end of that hour, you have not come to me, have not given yourself up, then battle recommences. This time, I shall enter the fray myself, Harry Potter, and I shall find you, and I shall punish every last man, woman, and child who has tried to conceal you from me. One hour."

My heart sank and my heart ached, knowing that Lupin and Tonks were gone, yet having no idea what had happened to Jenna and Sirius.