Prom

CHAPTER 42:

(Ellie's POV)

"Bobbi, where the heck are we going?" I ask in a half annoyed, half excited voice.

"Just hold on one more second. We're almost there." she laughs as she guides me along, seeing as I have a blindfold over my eyes.

She stops abruptly and takes the blindfold off of my head. I look at her in confusion, and she signals for me to turn around. I do a 180 and my hands fly up to my cheeks.

Matt's standing at the end of the hallway with multicolored balloons at his feet. It's after school hours, and the lights in the hallways are off, besides a few. The sun shines against his face, making his eyes a clear, beautiful brown. He has a white, square box in his hands, and holds on to it tightly. I look at him quizzically as I make my way down towards him.

"What is all this?" I ask with anticipation, having a good idea of what's about to happen.

"I just wanted to bring you some donuts." he says with a shrug and sets the box in my hands. I feel my heart sink a bit, not expecting that answer from him.

"Oh um, thanks Matt. This required balloons?" I ask as I quirk an eyebrow.

"Of course. Here open it up, I want one." he says jokingly.

I roll my eyes but open up the box. A smile spreads across my face as I take in the five letters written across the middle row of cream filled. My eye also catches a little message written on the inside of the top of the box.

Roses are red,

Donuts are bomb

Do me a favor,

And come with me to Prom?

I laugh a little and look at the donuts that spelled out 'PROM?' and find two on the sides, one saying 'yes' and one saying 'no'. I pick up the one that says 'yes' and take a bite out of it slowly before shoving it in his face.

"So is that a yes?" he says in between laughs as he wipes the whipped cream filling from his face.

"Most definitely." I say with a huge smile. I set the box on the ground and hug him tight. He definitely knows me well if he knows to bribe me with food. He's my kind of man.

***

"Wow.. You look incredible." I say genuinely, taking in the way the purple dress fell against Bobbi's skin.

"You really think so?" she says as she examines herself in the mirror, tilting her head to the side and smoothing the sleek material down.

"Jack won't be able to keep his eyes off of you." I say with a laugh.

A blush creeps across her cheeks at the mention of his name. I called up Jack right after my promposal, which she helped set up, and asked him if he was up to coming to prom with her. He said yes, of course.

I'm just worried about Matt and Jack. I saw him back in February when he visited, but Matt had been out of town. They haven't spoken since their falling out over me last summer. I guess it can be assumed that Matt was not very happy when I told him that he'd be taking Bobbi to prom. He still has his mind set to the idea that Jack is head over heels about me, which I don't believe is the case anymore.

"Go get your dress on!" Bobbi says excitedly, pulling me out of my thoughts.

I let a smile slide across my lips as I grab the dress off of the hanger, and shed my shorts and tank to the floor. I pull the smooth material up around me and turn so that Bobbi can zip up the back.