ˢᵘᵍᵃʳᵖˡᵘᵐ

Beginne am Anfang

"really." jimin murmurs, absentmindedly. that was interesting, he supposed, mulling over yesterday's entrance. if she can fly, then why did she come in by wagon?

she was definitely odd.

.

.

she goes by the name of rosé.

jeongyeon tells him that she's a nice person and makes potions that can make napkins turn into butterflies. she's also really good at pumpkin soup. witchcraft runs through the family, and she misses having a pet fish. apparently she forgot to take it with her.

"how do you know these things?" he asks, eventually, taking a bite out of the bread she made.

"she works at my shop." jeongyeon grins. "but what she really wants to do is to make a rainbow."

he doesn't care that much about rainbows, but he could do with some rain.

.

.

he sees her flying from time to time. he looks up, pushing back his straw hat, chewing on his ear of wheat, and there she is - drifting on the cloudless blue sky. sometimes she waves at him. sometimes there are children. sometimes there are packages. there are never golden fishes.

he also sees her crashing into trees a lot.

"you're not a very good witch, are you?"

it's not meant to be the first thing he says to her, but there have been so many accidents lately, that he figures it is a good conversation starter as any.

"i'm not a good flyer, but that doesn't mean I'm a bad witch." she corrects with a smile, hardly batting an eye. if anything, she looks more delighted, teeth glinting and sweet and wolfishly mischievous. "you haven't seen my magic tricks."

jimin shrugs, knowing a trap when he sees one, and accepts her invitation anyway. "alright." he concedes. "tell me about them."

"i turned my sister into a toad once." rosé tells him proudly, smiling ruefully.

he looks at her intently, and figures she's probably telling the truth. what he can't understand is how that was a good thing. or anything but an accident. "okay..." he says slowly, uncertain if he should ask.

"but she got the guy of her dreams to kiss her." she shrugs, as if that was the end of that.

"ah." jimin comments, dry as he can be. now he knows her type. "so you're a meddler."

"only for those who really need it." rosé rolls her eyes, and just looks at him, like she's seconds away from laughing at him.

there's too much amusement on her face, from the glitter in her eyes to the soft curve of her cheek, eyes dancing at the slightly hint of a smile. "and only family get that treatment." her grin widens. "well, no. just my prissy sister."

"so you'll leave the trees alone?" jimin folds his arms across his chest, forgetting that tonight he was buying strawberries for jeongyeon. tonight they were making shortcake.

"i didn't say that." she grins, stepping forward, and the amusement increases tenfold, unfurling over her face in a haze of pink warmth.

"because you're very distracting." he tells her, grumbling with his trademark frown. jeongyeon says that when he tries to frown he's actually pouting, but that's not true. honestly, when he thinks about the trees, he gets slightly cross.

those trees didn't do anything. but time and time again, the amount of times he sees taemin running across the fields with a ladder is getting ridiculous.