Chapter 1

Liam's POV

"Yes mum, I'll be careful." I was currently listening to my mum lecture me over the phone telling me to be careful and to make sure I've packed everything.

"I'll see you soon. Love you too. Bye."

I folded the last shirt and put it in my bag. I had 5 minutes before my cab got here to take me to the airport. I couldn't wait to go back to Bradford to visit my parents for Christmas. I missed everything about Bradford. Even the rainy, cloudy weather.

I then heard a honk, signaling that my cab was here. I picked up my bags and made my way downstairs to the front of the campus. Dang, I'm gonna miss this place. Even though I'll only be gone for a few weeks.

When I got to the cab, I loaded my bags in the trunk and got in. I knew it was going to be a long drive from UCLA to LAX, so I pulled out my notebook with all my songs in it, and started working on a new one.

~~~~~~~~

When we pulled up to the airport, I got my bags from the trunk and paid the driver. Once I got inside, I looked for the desk where I had to check in at. When I found it, I couldnt believe that the line was so big. I guess it was because of the holidays. When I reached the front of the line the lady asked me for my passport and my bags.

"Alright, you're all set. Have a nice flight!" The lady said. I muttered a quick thank you and made my way to the waiting area to wait for my flight to be called. As I was waiting, I pulled out my notebook once again and started coming up with the notes for my new song. As I was writing them down, a young girl 17 or 18 years old, came up to me and asked. "Hey. Is this seat taken?"

"No, it's not." I replied.

She sat down next to me and asked "What are you working on?"

"I'm coming up with notes for a song I've been working on."

"Cool! Maybe I could help?"

"Um sure." I said.

"Do you mind if I see it?" She asked

"No. Here." I said while pushing the notebook slightly so she could take it.

While she was reading the lyrics, I had a chance to study her features. She was light-skinned with bluish greenish eyes and blonde hair that was past her shoulders.

"This is really good." She said.

"Thanks! It just needs a little more work, but it'll get there." I said.

"Flight 531 to Bradford is boarding now." The lady over the intercom announced.

"By the way, I'm Chloe. Chloe Sanborn."

"I'm Liam. Liam Payne."

"Well Liam, it was a pleasure meeting you."

"The pleasure was all mine Chloe." I said while shaking her hand.

And with that, I left and boarded the plane.

A/N

Hey guys, sorry this chapter was short, but its my first book that I'm writing, so cut me some slack