waking up.

Phan fluff, possible angst but not really
Word count: 997

Dan's POV

My head hurt and my body ached. But it was all muted, something happened, something good. I wished I could remember. I stood up, causing a massive amount of blood to flow to my head, I stood wobbling for a minute and then staggered in to the kitchen.

Phil's POV

I wasn't in my bed. It took me a while to realize this and even longer to realize whose bed I was in. I frantically lifted the sheets to peer under.
Thank god I'm wearing underwear.

Its not that I would have minded if I wasn't, well not in a bad way, I just wanted to remember the firsts. I lay back trying to remember the details of last night.
A/N: flash back
Dan's POV

He's kissing me! Holy shit I'm kissing him too. This is nice, way too nice. He tastes really nice. What the hell Dan this is Lion your talking about.

Our lips parted and we stared. I was terifried, I've wanted this moment from the second I layed eyes on him. I could feel my body going stiff and my throat started to sting in embarrassment. The cries of 'happy New Year' filled the room to bursting making me feel suffocated by the noise and the closeness of people who weren't my room mate.

He's drunk, he doesn't know what he's doing. And I just took complete advantage of that! I'm awful, I'm a horrible person, I shouldn't be aloud a best friend like Phil, I just end up doing this time him.

Phil's POV

I see Dan stiffening, and I instantly know he thinks he's done something wrong. How can he think that though, why can't he see that I've been in love with him for 3 whole years. I just want to kiss him again.

Dan's POV

I just want to run away and hide until tommorow. This feeling is hellish, I don't want to be scared of Phil and I don't want him to leave me. At that thought I feel my eyes starting to overflow with tears that sting my cheeks as they flow down them. I turn with my head down and attempted to run back into my bedroom. I want to get away from the noise, away from the crowd, away from the horrific embarrassment I'm feeling. I reach my bedroom, falling onto my bed. I cover my head with a pillow and lay there sobbing uncontrollably. I can still hear everyone in their joyful state, enjoying the party and I just wish that I could disappear.

That's when I hear the soft slam of my door being closed and my bed sinking with his weight.

Phil's POV

I walk into Dan's familiar room and sit on the bed. I could see him visibly shaking and his whimpering was loud enough to hear even from the distance I was from him.

"Dan, sweetie what's wrong?" I questioned dreading the answer I already knew.

"I'm sorry about kissing you I didn't mean to I just, Ive just really wanted to for so long." His voice was muffled by his pillow but I could hear the stabbing pain in his words. I stay silent I didn't know what to do, I couldn't say what I wanted to, could I? The bed dipped as Dan cautiously sat up.

"Please don't hate me. " his voice is so small, so vunerable. I need to hug him, its the only way to show him. My arms wrap around his quivering frame and I whisper "How could I ever hate you, your bear and I'm lion. In fact, how could I never not love you with my whole heart." I feel Dan starting to pull out of my grip.

Why did I say that last bit I'm such an idiot. Now he's never going to come near me or trust me ever again. I should have just shut my mouth.

Dan's POV

Love. He loves me? No, he must mean it as a friend. How could anybody love someone as stupid and awkward as me. He's just trying to make me feel better,  I know.  He's always doing it,  of course I appreciate it, and sure it sort of helps but its still pointless. As I get up to leave I get pulled back,  spinning around, to look at the ebony haired boy sitting on my bed.
"I can't believe I just said that." his small voice sighs reluctantly. "But its true. I love you Dan."
"You don't have to say that,  sure it makes me feel less shit but you don't have to lie to me."  I look down at Phil's face  his eyes are widened in shock.
"Why would I lie to you.  Especially about that." his voice starts to crack with pain hidden by his anger.
"WHAT! You not lying to try and make me feel better?" I question starting to feel tense, like I'm a joke and it's coning up to my punch line.
"No! Well yes but no. I love you Daniel James Howell. "  His hand bunching the front of my shirt and pulling me in to him. Our lip collide unevenly but I don't care. This is real, and it's happening right now.  Its wonderful. 

I have to force my lips off of Phil's due to the crushing feeling in my chest from the lack of air. I stand there for a minute, breathing heavily, listening carefully to each thought rocketing through my mind.  The single most important one pressed against my mind and my heart,  then slipped from my lips in a smile. 
A/N: back to real time.

2 years later
"I love you Phillip Michael Lester. I do"
"I pronounce you Husband and Husband. You may kiss the Groom."

Phil's POV

This kiss is as good as the first.
I'm thankful that he kissed me that night. Now I get to wake up to that everyday forever.  I'm so thankful for that, for him,  for us.
Thank you my Danosaur, for loving me back.