Part 5

It took Beth some time before she got used to loud music and flickering lights in all colors. From what Deb told her, Amy’s uncle owned the club. That was why they got in just like that and had a reserved table, just for 8 of them. “Beth, come with me.” Emily shouted loud enough for Beth to hear her. “What do you want, Beth?”, “Jack.”, “Two Jacks for us, please.” She told to Amy as she dragged her to the girl’s restroom. “What is so important?” Beth asked when Em stood right in front of her and took some of her make-up out. “Don’t find this offensive, but I should have told you how to put on make-up.”, “Why? What’s wrong?” Beth asked while frowning. “Nothing is wrong, except that you didn’t put enough of it. Close your eyes.”, “What was I supposed to do, make a clown out of myself?” Beth asked as she felt a brush on her left lid. “No, of course not. We just need to highlight those big, blue eyes of yours. You know it’s rare to see a girl with black hair to have blue eyes?”, “…I do now.” Beth insecurely said. “Wait, where are your glasses?”, “I put my lenses on.” “Oh. You’re probably wondering who’re those girls, right?”, “Pretty much, yes.”, “Well, they’re Amy and my friends from other school, I’ll introduce you.”, “Right. Are you done?”, “Just a moment… Here” Em said and Beth opened her eyes. “There’s no need for a lipstick, your lips are naturally pink. What do you say?”, “But didn’t you say that the colors won’t be outstanding in the club? And who’ll look at my eyes, anyway?”Beth asked while looking at golden eye shadow and a perfect black line on her upper lids. “I lied. And you’re right. No one will be looking at your eyes when you have a body like that.” Em smirked and pushed Beth forward by hitting her butt, while a yelp escaped Beth’s lips.
By the time they got back, everyone had their drinks in front of them. Beth sat next to Deb and sipped the Jack down her throat. “Oh, right, before I forgot. Beth, these are Annie, Rebecca, Justine and Chris. Guys, this is Beth, our friend from school.” Emily introduced them and Beth smiled at them. “Nice to meet you.” She said and took another sip from her glass. She saw them moving their lips, but didn’t hear, although there was a probability of 98% that they said the same.

                                                        * * *

“I don’t even know how you managed to drag me in this place. There’re sweaty people everywhere.”A tall man with black hair complained to his friend while making his way through the crowd in the club. “Oh, I’m sorry, I forgot you visit only fancy places.” his friend replied sarcastically. “Yes, I prefer polite places over these, kill me.”, “Tch. At least pretend you’re having fun. Maybe you find a girl or something.”, “Yeah, if there is some who is older than 18, that’d be great.”
“Hey, Claude, long time no see! Where were you, man?” Middle aged man approached to two friends, shaking their hands. “Nick, how is it going? Still letting under aged girls in?”, “Same old, same old. Nah, only sometimes, like today.”, “Oh?”, “Yeah, my niece is celebrating her birthday.”, “Oh. Did she bring her friends?”, “Oh my God, Claude, shut up.” His friend butted in the conversation. “What? If they’re over 18, they’re good.”, “Your choice in females is… ugh.”, “Well, it was nice to meet you, but I gotta go. There’s a club to run.”Nick greeted them and left. “Anyway, Sebs, you want a table or a bar?” Claude asked while looking around. “Considering the crowd in here, I doubt there are any tables free, so…”, “There’s one over there.” Claude interrupted him and pointed at the tall table for two persons. “Why don’t you sit while I get us drinks?”, “Fine. I’ll have the usual.” Sebastian simply said and sighed while passing through the labyrinth of half naked bodies. There were women that practically shoved their behinds onto his crotch. He was polite enough not to touch them and move from his private area. It definitely was not his day. When he finally got to the table, some girl asked him if it was free. ‘I haven’t even sat down yet.’ He thought and gave her a soft smile. “I’m sorry, but it’s already taken.”, “Too bad.” The girl said and bit her lip. God, he hated when girls made that. Not in the good way, though. There were solid bites, but then there were those terrible ones which made you look like a lunatic. While he waited for Claude to come back, he looked around the club once again. The place had space and the schedule of stuff was neatly settled. It even had the second floor, which was as crowded as the first one. When he took a better look, he saw a group of girls sitting and laughing on the middle of the second floor. There was one with long black hair that got his attention. He was looking at her until Claude’s face ruined the image. “So… you caught anything?” he asked while smirking. Sebastian’s answer was his glare. “You know, if you stare long enough, without blinking, at someone, the other can get a feeling that your eyes are lasers.”, “Can you say something smart for a change? What took you so long, anyway?”, “Oh… there was this girl at the bar and…not my type. What were you staring at?” Sebastian took a sip of his Lag and showed with his eyes at the group of girls. Claude immediately turned around, without a slightest trace to be discrete and checked them out. “And there you were, complaining about 18 year olds. But the red one can pass. Shall we go upstairs?” he asked and grinned at Sebastian. “Come on, no. It was really hard to get to this seat, you know.”, “I don’t know what’re you talking about.”, “Well, you probably don’t mind if there’s someone who tries to climb on your dick.”, “If it’s a girl, I don’t.” Claude casually said and Sebastian gave up on him. “Why don’t you live a little. Since Valerie dumped you, you’re not the same person.”, “Will you please give it a rest already? It’s been two years, for fuck’s sake.”, “Ooh, it’s like an oil to the fire. Why don’t you have one night stands?”, “Please, it’s despicable as it sounds.”, “Have you ever had any?”, “No.”, “Then you can’t talk about it if you haven’t tried it.”, “It’s even lowlier than selling your body.”, “Well, not everyone wants to obligate to one woman.”, “But in the end, they all do.”, “Yeah, but at least they had fun in their life.”, “So, you’re saying you can’t have fun with only one woman without physical interaction?”, “Pretty much.”, “Go kill yourself.”

“Girls, how is it going?”, “Uncle, Nick, hey!” Amy said and stood up to hug her uncle. “Have there been any problems?”, “No, not the slightest.”, “You have enough drinks?”, “Yes.”, “Great, then I won’t bother you anymore. Have fun.” Amy’s uncle said and left. “Amy, you’re so lucky. I wish my family had a club or something.” One of those 4 girls that Beth forgot her name said. “Yeah.”, “Well, suck it bitches.” Amy playfully said and finished off her drink. Until now, Beth drank only three glasses. Luckily, there was a surprisingly nice waitress that brought them their drink all over again. Deb was being boring while showing guys to Beth all the time. Since she had her back turned to the first floor, she didn’t want to turn around all the time so she was looking at the men and women around her, dancing and drinking. “Is anyone for a dance?” Amy asked, already standing up. “Oh, I’m in.” Emily, Justine and Chris said. Beth really didn’t intend to move an inch from her spot, so she stayed, together with Deb, Annie and Rebecca at the table. “Whoa, look at them go.” Deb said while looking at the girls dancing. Emily even found a guy. “Uhm, Beth?” a girl that sat next to Beth called for her. “Yes? Rebecca?” when the brown haired girl nodded, Beth gave her a soft smile. She got closer to Beth and started talking. “I didn’t want to tell you before, but there’s a guy down there who’s been staring at you quite the time now.”, “Oh?” Beth asked. “How does he look like?” she asked, but didn’t really care. “Well-built, tall, very handsome. I’d give him 24. To your left.” Beth laughed a little because there was no way the guy would be staring at her, there are three girls with her. Rebecca nonchalantly tossed a napkin on the floor and asked Beth to pick it up for her. Beth saw through her plan and while being bent, she looked at the said guy through her hair. “Well?” Rebecca asked with an amusing smile on her lips. “He turned his head away, I can’t see a thing.”, “His friend is climbing up.” She said after looking in his direction again. “And he’s coming this way.” Beth just drank the liquid in her glass as Rebecca started fixing her hair, but the supposed guy casually walked over to Deb and sat down next to her, on Emily’s spot. Beth smirked behind her glass and watched as the guy talked to Deb. Two seconds after, Deb got up and said to Beth she’s going to dance with him. ‘Surprisingly fast.’ “Well, we’re going to find us some guys to dance with. Can you watch over our stuffs, too?” Rebecca asked her politely. “Uhm, sure, good luck.” ‘Okay, why did I say that?’ Beth asked herself while looking at empty chairs where all 8 of them were together 30 minutes ago. Now she really couldn’t go anywhere, just when she had to adjust her lenses. She looked at the dance floor to see if anyone is going to come up. Right. Emily and Amy were dancing with some boys. Chris with a… girl? Beth couldn’t tell right. The person had short hair, but a feminine figure. Deb was nowhere to be seen. Annie and Rebecca as well. Oh, well, she’ll just have to endure it.

As he stared at the girl, Sebastian was considering about walking over to her, before others come back. It’s been a long time since the others left her and no one approached her yet. And he, on the other hand, had at least 6 girls that tried to talk to him, but when the last one was overly persistent and sat on Claude’s place, he stood up and walked to the empty place in the dark. Claude wouldn’t mind because Sebastian saw him kissing with that red head he had an eye on in the corner. This meant that Sebastian could casually go home without telling him. He’s been here long enough. But still… he could at least talk to that girl. While still holding his 6th or 7th glass of his favorite drink, he headed to the second floor and, of course, girls stood on his way.
After somehow politely dealing with them, he made it to the top. ‘The’ girl now had her head leaned on her left hand and he still couldn’t see her face. Just as he started walking, some guy suddenly showed up in front of her. God damnit. To make things worse, an overly drunk girl practically glued herself onto Sebastian, murmuring nonsense, like any drunk person does. He tried talking to her, but it was in vain. Then he tried to sit her down somewhere, it was also in vain: the drunkard was tripping on the flat floor. For a moment, he glanced over to the girl he was aiming at, but there were her friends again at the table with her. ‘Now I can really go home.’