Part 9

*Princess*

I woke up for the first time in ages not scared or sad. I was in my queen bed, I rolled around in the duvet taking in the smell of home.

I can hear people talking in the house and I sit up rubbing my eyes, I look at the gross Soc clothes on the floor. I want to burn that outfit. I feel disgusted thinking about Ralph's hands touching me in places no one's ever touched me.

A fear tears surface but I remember that I'm home now.

I smile and get up, looking in the full length mirror, I throw on some ripped jeans and a shirt with my leather jacket. I look like me again. My stomach still has a few bruises but they'll go away eventually.

I walk out of my room to the living room, and find all the guys there, Darry's holding a letter and seems happy, all the guys are sitting around, "Princess!" Twobit says and comes up and hugs me.

I squish myself in between Ponyboy and Dally on the couch and they laugh, I do this a lot.

"Alright," Darry says, "So, as you know, Princess came back last night, well this morning a letter came in the mail from the judge."

I start to get nervous and my palms get sweaty, I squeeze them together biting down on my lip.

He takes the letter out and reads, "Dear Darrel Curtis, this letter is to inform you that..."