Unpleasant Goodbyes

Sorry for the late update, erm- VERY late update... I was really busy for the holidays and then I got a bad case of the flu followed by a bad case of writers block :/

--------------------------------

*One Week Later

Naomi Owens funeral was a few days ago, the funeral home was packed with her family and friends... alot of people knew her and liked her, who wouldnt like Naomi? Frank came, he had hung out with Naomi a few times and wanted to come to pay his respects. Gerard wore a black suit with a red tie, the look fit him well, I wore a simple back dress with my short hair tied back. Me, Gerard, Toby, and Frank sat in the second row from the front, but I wished we would have set back farther, the up close view of Naomi made me an emotional wreck. Her face was so pale... she laid in a black shiny casket accompanied by blood red roses. I can still picture her with bright pink hair cracking jokes and goofing around, Ill miss her. I took one look at her lifeless body and teared up, I quivered and held my hands tightly together. I remember Gerard placing his hand on my knee and leaning over to whisper-

"Its okay, its okay." Gerard had that one of a kind voice that could comfort anyone im their time of need.

It was just so much to handle, I'v never delt with a big death before, iv never had a loved one die on me, except a couple childhood pets... When I was eight my hamster died and I cried for three days. Next to me was Toby who was even more tore up than I was. His tears fogged up his glasses and every minute he'd take them off and wipe them. I patted his back, hes a friend, I couldn't bare to watch him like that. I put an arm around him to try and get him to calm down, like Gerard has done to me so many times. Toby was one of the many people that was suffering greatly because of Naomis death. He loved her, she loved him too. Tobys a complete wreck now, like he cant function without her by his side.

Toby hasn't left his dorm room since the funeral. Yesterday me and Gerard tried to get him to come out.

"Toby please, come out. Lets talk, were all sad. We need eachother." Gerard pleaded, silence. We knew he was in there, he just ignored us which meant he just wanted us to leave him alone. He still hasn't come out, it must be his way of coping, he just needs some alone time.

Then there was one person suffering the most.

Alexandra.

Alexandra was no longer six and a half, her birthday was a few days ago, finally seven. She spent it in the foster home. They placed her in there with all the other orphans. She has to go to therapy sessions to try to get her to cope with her terrible experience. Her life is starting to become a living hell and shes so young. She hates it in there. We've visited her throughout the week, she dosent talk that much anymore. The last time me, Gerard, and Toby went to visit her was yesterday. She had her head down, staring at her shoes with her black hair falling down covering some of her face. We tried are hardest to make it seem like everything was alright when we all knew it wasn't, we tried to talk to her in a cheerful voice and tell her positive things but instead of responding she just shifted her eyes around, played with her fingers, and mumbled every now and then until visiting hours were over. The therapist says she dealing with symptoms of traumatic stress, like trouble sleeping with reoccurring night terrors, plus shes having trouble making friends and participating in any "fun" activities. I stay up late thinking about that little girl... I want to get her out of there, she'd atleast be alittle more happy with us. However, I know that wont happen. Im just a single teen freshman in college with no job or house... They wouldn't let her into my custody, or any of our custody for that matter, apparently we're not qualified enough to raise a seven year old at such a young age.

Of course, there was another person who'd suffer because of Naomis tragic end, but they deserved all the suffering and more.

Jonathan.